StudentsReview :: Hesser College - Comments and Student Experiences

BONUS: McIntosh College -- Dover, NH

Hesser College

I took a Medical Assisting Course at Hesser

Jun 25 2013Other
I took a Medical Assisting Course at Hesser College. The teachers were uneducated and uninformative. One teacher actually advised the students in an ethics class to "fake it, until they make it." The work was grade school handouts and color in diagrams. You learn nothing and test are based on your ability to memorize words. I completed all the "mods" and passed with a 4.0gpa as I am sure everyone else did. The lab work was practiced in unsanitary and uncomfortable conditions. After completion of these so called mods. I was supposed to be placed in a facility to obtain "practice hours" with a reputable practice. That never happened. The career placement team are never available and offer no help at all. I did not obtain my certification and Hesser College did not hold up their end of the deal. Tution is outrageously high and it was a massive waste of time. In the end I am totally screwed out of money with nothing to show. If I could sue for my tuition money to be returned, I would take every legal action I could possible take. This "college" needs to be put of of business. They pray on the poor, desperate and uneducated.

It was a big mistake to enroll at

Apr 13 2012Other
It was a big mistake to enroll at Hesser College. It wasn't even a choice for me. They called me so i say I'd go and "check it out" so I drove 2 hours to get to the Salem campus only to find that they had already had the enrollment papers. I had to move 2 hours away from my home to attend classes in Salem. Later, I transferred to the Nashua campus only to find out Salem never sent them any of my paperwork like they said they would do. When I decided to move back home, I had asked about transferring to the Portsmouth campus. NASHUA STILL DID NOT HAVE MY PAPERWORK! They contacted Salem and Salem told them they I was still enrolled in Salems campus and i was failing all of my classes! No wonder Nashua never had me on their rosters! I am still paying on my student loans and have not attended school there in over 2 years. No campus can find any of my paperwork! Also, they are too expensive for the amount of education they offer. Half of the teachers there can't even speak decent english. Hesser puts you into classes with no prerequisites. So you don't even know what is being talked about most of the time because you never learned it. So I tell you, please save your money. Go attend another school. This is definitely not one I recommend AT ALL! All they want is your money. They don't care about the4 quality of your education.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

Some truth about HESSER

Dec 06 2012Criminal
Some truth about HESSER.
1)Anyone can get in and I mean anyone! There is no SAT it's a placement test that you can take over and over again untill your able to pass it.

2)The Faculty has some of the worse teachers out there! I was in the CJ program and after a year of classes I started to notice how I didn't fit in..(Not because Im an outcast or I feel Im better than most) I just notice that 90% were poverty level people along with a large majority of high school drop outs.

3)They will scam you and I mean scam you for hundreds of thousands of dollars!(Im a vet that uses the Post 9-11 GI Bill and I received financial aid which was the pell grant. It took almost 6 months to pay to me now understand my tuition is 100% paid!Long story short they still haven't paid and are scammers and a always find a reason not to pay I.E Lost check, vacation someone is out of the office)

4)The majority of the students have to be special education of some type.In my 390 level Psych class a girl couldn't read! This is no lie she literally could no read!

5)The facilities are nothing but crap. I would love to see the books on this school and where it's money goes.Literally computers from the late 90's one printer per 30 computers! Now the best part, There literally are bums who sleep there (students who Im guessing don't have a place to live and no not housing this was at the Portsmouth Campus)6)The worse thing that has ever happened to me was when I walked into the computer lab to print up a paper..Well it smelt like human "shit" literally like someone had shit themselves and just walked around with it in there pants! Well someone did! The guy stayed through all his classes and NO ONE ASKED HIM TO LEAVE! Please avoid this school at all cost! It's a total scam and they will take anything they can from you!

Similar Colleges by Safety