StudentsReview :: Keene State College - Comments and Student Experiences

University of New Hampshire -- Durham, NH
University of New Haven -- West Haven, CT

Keene State College

RA's Party and give the under age booze

Oct 19 2014Other
RA's Party and give the under age booze. School knows about it. But did nothing. Prty, party, Party, Tell them you are leaving. They dont care. NH has the most expensive state schools in the country. Thi sis what we get? All kids want is a education. When you go to this school. You cant get that. The staff wont even help you with problems. Drinking is the priority and drugs at that school. Nice Rep KEENE. IT even proved more Pumpkin festivel is now Called Keene Pumpkin Riot of 2014
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: C, Collaboration/Competitive: F

I am a transfer student from a small

Sep 15 2014Engineering Department
I am a transfer student from a small community college. I have to say Keene State has all the tools with that I need to be successful. Faculty that cares, a large group of students to learn from, and plenty of surrounding area to roam around. School is what you make of it, you get out what you put in.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

When I first came to Keene State I

Sep 23 2014Education
When I first came to Keene State I had very high expectations. When I visited during the summer time going into my senior year of high school the facilities were very nice, and the people working at the school were extremely friendly. Needless to say visiting and actually going to school here are completely different things. I found during my time here that the student body is made up of kids that are still living in high school. The majority of students only care about partying, Greek life, and more partying; not the kind of atmosphere you want to be caught in if you are a serious student who has an open mind. What's worst is that the college itself does not take its bad reputation seriously, they literally keep up their party image to keep the money rolling in. Most schools are cool with partying (it's college it is going to happen), but Keene takes it to the next level. I have hung out with kids from other schools and have partied with them and it is more laid back than Keene. Also, the locals of Keene are creepy

and often are seen lounging on campus, or having their heads smashed into the hood of a police car by Keene police. My advice to kids wanting to come here, is to look at other options. There are better schools, and why limit your potential when you could be around intelligent people instead of clicky frat boys, and sorority girls. Don't waste your time at Keg stand college.

1st Year Male -- Class 2017