StudentsReview :: Southern New Hampshire University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Southern New Hampshire University

I am currently in my senior year ofQuite BrightPsychology
I am currently in my senior year of my bachelors degree. I have had a great experience with them. I have had several very friendly advisors, who have always been willing to help if I need it. There have been 1 or 2 teachers that seemed uninterested in what they were teaching, but I have seen that in the local community college. Due to my hectic schedule I became unable to attend traditional classes, so SNHU's online program has been a great alternative. But I did want to comment on those who are stating that SNHU is not an accredited university, if they weren't accredited financial aid would not be an option. The aid comes from the federal government, and especially after several schools were busted for not being accredited they are not lending money to those universities anymore. I did months of research before choosing Southern New Hampshire University, it was clearly the least expensive with more options. It also has a traditional brick and mortar school which you are able to tour and feel more a part of.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B
Southern New Hampshire University was a good schoolQuite BrightOther
Southern New Hampshire University was a good school for my first year mainly because it made me realize what I really hated. First off the location sucks and the only things to do are go to the mall, the club (only good one is whiskeys), or the movies. After two semesters that gets real old. The parties on campus suck and are repetitive after a while.

Greek life is so stupid and an irrelevant joke. The clubs are run by people who appoint and promote their closest friends. While their are some fun events they are few and far between.

They put up a facade about the dorms being really nice but if you get stuck in the shit hole of lower and upper suites you will probably get some sort of infection because it is just nasty. Their is mold in the dorms and the bathrooms are never cleaned. The shower is the size of a small closet and the closet has no door.

The RA's are party hardy and only do what benefits them enforcing rules when they see fit. The food tastes like shit and will definitely make you and your stomach regret your choices.

The academics are a joke and people ditch class constantly and will still get an A. My roommate had a class cancelled every week she attended twice and got an A in Freshman English. Its ridiculous! Along with the fact that your paying the shit load of money you are this is unacceptable! Trust me their is so much more I could tell you but please trust me when I say do NOT go here it is awful and I am transferring along with half of the other people on my floor! If you attend here you might as well be going to a community college!

1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Scholastic Success: B+, Useful Schoolwork: F
I transferred to SNHU for their online B.Super BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
I transferred to SNHU for their online B.S. in Business Studies - Information Technology from another online institution. I valued my last school and it was a great education. however, SNHU had this unique degree incorporating business with technology. I have been attending for almost a year and I am about finished. I will say SNHU has a cutting-edge online degree and I have learned a lot. Every professor I have had has been very flexible and encouraging. I live in Moore, Oklahoma and when disaster struck our town, SHNU reached out and extended deadlines for me. My advisor communicates extremely well and I consider him a real asset in my education. To top it all off, the cost for this school was cheaper than my last school with better content delivery and great features to help me learn. I HIGHLY recommend SNHU to anyone who is a working adult and wants to attend school online. A word of advice, online school is really for self-motivated individuals. I have a 3.8 GPA, but only because I have the discipline to do the work on my own time. If you are unable to do this, any reputable online school may not be for you. However, for me, online school is a more efficient way to learn as I do not need to sit for hours in a classroom listing to a professor repeat the same material because the rest of the class doesn't get it. I love to learn at my own pace with the assistance from approachable professors such as those at SNHU.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016