StudentsReview :: Southern New Hampshire University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Southern New Hampshire University

I transferred to SNHU for their online B.Super BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
I transferred to SNHU for their online B.S. in Business Studies - Information Technology from another online institution. I valued my last school and it was a great education. however, SNHU had this unique degree incorporating business with technology. I have been attending for almost a year and I am about finished. I will say SNHU has a cutting-edge online degree and I have learned a lot. Every professor I have had has been very flexible and encouraging. I live in Moore, Oklahoma and when disaster struck our town, SHNU reached out and extended deadlines for me. My advisor communicates extremely well and I consider him a real asset in my education. To top it all off, the cost for this school was cheaper than my last school with better content delivery and great features to help me learn. I HIGHLY recommend SNHU to anyone who is a working adult and wants to attend school online. A word of advice, online school is really for self-motivated individuals. I have a 3.8 GPA, but only because I have the discipline to do the work on my own time. If you are unable to do this, any reputable online school may not be for you. However, for me, online school is a more efficient way to learn as I do not need to sit for hours in a classroom listing to a professor repeat the same material because the rest of the class doesn't get it. I love to learn at my own pace with the assistance from approachable professors such as those at SNHU.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B+
This School is disgraceful.Quite BrightPsychology
This School is disgraceful. The only positive is that they offer an online program. They dress it up with policies they fail to carry out and staff that is under trained (pertaining to the financial and registration process). I received a refund check two months after it was issued (mistakes on their part). I have been waiting days for mere email change (changed my name) with no confirmation that they received adequate information to complete my request. The dysfunction commonly found is disappointing. If you are LGBT run and run fast because the pretty anti-discrimination policy they list is just that, a pretty policy. They have no interest in carrying it out beyond spouting acceptance, when it comes to walking it they fall sickeningly short. Academically, the classes are too easy and hard in the wrong ways. Too easy meaning I didn't buy the text book and was able to complete the classes with a B+. This involved minor internet searches to be "caught up" with the material I missed in the hundred plus pages of assigned reading. The wrong ways meaning the quizzes are designed to show you read the material and not that you know it. They are about very specific facts rather than an applied theory (for example: you complete a sentence found in the book). I added a small amount of new knowledge to my existing knowledge, nothing note worthy. I also encountered a teacher who would not allow me to turn in a paper until I sent him a copy of an article (the paper was an article analysis) until I sent him an APA citation of the article I chose. Had I sent him what he wanted, he would of been un able to find the article (APA with no web address). It was completely pointless and he made it a week long ordeal. Stay away from this "educational establishment".
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: B, Scholastic Success: F
Very happy with my experience as an onlineQuite BrightCommunications
Very happy with my experience as an online undergraduate student. SNHU has challenged me and brought my knowledge, skills, and confidence to a new level through a quality education.It is not easy. Online can get dull, but doing quality work and study will provide a great learning experience that is useful and applicable to a chosen field.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C
Compare SNHUSave SNHU

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→