StudentsReview :: Southern New Hampshire University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Southern New Hampshire University

Very happy with my experience as an online

Jul 27 2014Communications
Very happy with my experience as an online undergraduate student. SNHU has challenged me and brought my knowledge, skills, and confidence to a new level through a quality education.It is not easy. Online can get dull, but doing quality work and study will provide a great learning experience that is useful and applicable to a chosen field.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C

So I find it odd with some of

Jul 08 2014Psychology
So I find it odd with some of these reviews. I have attended SNHU for close to two years in their Pysch program and I will agree to some point that the online classes can be monotonous and annoying. The online boards can be very repetitive from semester to semester but truthfully any school you attend that offers an online blackboard will be the same. I transferred from UNH and truthfully it was similar and yes there was times where boards are boring and just seem social but what you do expect when you don?t meet face to face to talk about issues.

However, when you attend on campus classes they?re awesome. I have had good and a small margin of bad usually it?s with an Intro class where no one wants to be and or be taken as it?s required you have to do it e.g. Intro to AnP. As far as these comments about no APA or ?campus security? are people serious? First and foremost there is a small ?on campus? population more than 65% of the student body are off campus and travel in and to the comment of ?the school is a giant parking lot? Kidding right? There isn't enough parking as they?re building a new four story library.

I advise anyone who is looking to attend this school to just go visit it and see for yourself. My only complaint is one that they do need to screen their foreign students better as many seem not to speak English.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: A+, Surrounding City: B-

This School is disgraceful

Oct 29 2014Psychology
This School is disgraceful. The only positive is that they offer an online program. They dress it up with policies they fail to carry out and staff that is under trained (pertaining to the financial and registration process). I received a refund check two months after it was issued (mistakes on their part). I have been waiting days for mere email change (changed my name) with no confirmation that they received adequate information to complete my request. The dysfunction commonly found is disappointing. If you are LGBT run and run fast because the pretty anti-discrimination policy they list is just that, a pretty policy. They have no interest in carrying it out beyond spouting acceptance, when it comes to walking it they fall sickeningly short. Academically, the classes are too easy and hard in the wrong ways. Too easy meaning I didn't buy the text book and was able to complete the classes with a B+. This involved minor internet searches to be "caught up" with the material I missed in the hundred plus pages of assigned reading. The wrong ways meaning the quizzes are designed to show you read the material and not that you know it. They are about very specific facts rather than an applied theory (for example: you complete a sentence found in the book). I added a small amount of new knowledge to my existing knowledge, nothing note worthy. I also encountered a teacher who would not allow me to turn in a paper until I sent him a copy of an article (the paper was an article analysis) until I sent him an APA citation of the article I chose. Had I sent him what he wanted, he would of been un able to find the article (APA with no web address). It was completely pointless and he made it a week long ordeal. Stay away from this "educational establishment".
1st Year Male -- Class 2016