StudentsReview :: Plymouth State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
University of New Hampshire -- Durham, NH
Keene State College -- Keene, NH

Plymouth State University

Plymouth State is a great middle sized school,BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Plymouth State is a great middle sized school, beutiful campus and most of the people are layed back and friendly. Snow sports a big thing on campus as it is close to many different ski areas. You can ski at cannon mtn. for $9 if you are a student. The difficulty and bang for your buck though I would say is lower than other schools. There are alot more competative schools. That not to say there are not succesful people graduating from Plymouth. Some programs such as Meterology is very competative aswell as teaching. Iam a public Management Major, and a economics minor. I take many governement and Buisness classes, I would say all my Governement classes are harder than the buisness ones except for Accounting. If your in to skiing and a decent Party school, that has great off-campus houseing, Plymouth is for you. Be prepared for cold winters. Things get alot better and wilder come spring, the campus really does errupt once the snow melts.
4th Year Male -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: A, Collaboration/Competitive: C+
After being at Plymouth for almost a semester,AverageEnglish
After being at Plymouth for almost a semester, I have learned to love the school. Coming into my freshman year, I was unsure about how I would like it but I'm so happy with my decision to come here. The teachers are very bright and willing to help you when you need. They are more than happy to make time in their schedules if you need guidance and they respond quickly to emails. The work load isn't a breeze but at the same time, the school wants you to experience more of college than just work.If you heard that Plymouth is a party school, that is true. The weekends are so much fun. Parties are abundant and easy to get into, the people you meet at house parties are usually very nice and friendly. It seems that Plymouth throws down more than any other college I have been to. If you don't like to party, there are still plenty of things to do to get you involved and making friends. My only complaint is that the school isolated from surrounding towns and cities.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Surrounding City: C-
I am the first to admit that IQuite BrightOther
I am the first to admit that I didn't want to go to PSU. However, I have to say that choosing to go here was one of the best decisions I ever made.

The school has a great sense of community; people hold doors open for the students behind them, everyone smiles at everyone and it is very easy to get involved since the student organizations (there are over 100) are so open to welcoming new members in. There is also a very approachable faculty. I have had many teachers give out cell phone numbers to call if students are having trouble with assignments. I have also had teachers offer to go get coffee at the local coffee shop to discuss an assignment, class, career paths, or life in general.

In addition, there is a very accessible administration. The dean of students, and the vp of student affairs can frequently be found in the dining hall eating and talking with students. There is at least one member of the administration at every student senate meeting ranging from the president to the provost to the various vice presidents. The president's cabinet meets with the senate executive board once a month. This is a school and administration that truly care about and listen to their student body.

PSU is also very involved in community service, both locally and worldwide. There are many organizations devoted to this including Alternative Spring Break, PSU Volunteers, Habitat for Humanity, and Ending Genocide Around the World. There are also many students not directly involved in these organizations who volunteer down at the Pemi Youth Center, or who help with construction of the local Habitat houses. I have had both challenging and easy courses here at PSU like any other school. I truly believe that what you get out of your education is what you put into it. I have loved my last three years at PSU and have grown as a student, member of the global community, and most importantly as a person.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2011