StudentsReview :: The University of New Hampshire - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA
University of Vermont -- Burlington, VT

The University of New Hampshire

UNH is a beautiful

Apr 01 2014Computer Engineering
UNH is a beautiful campus with a great pedigree that really focuses on helping students not only get educated but prepare for their future.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: C+

There were plenty of

Mar 31 2014Chemistry
There were plenty of companies that were looking to hire only a UNH grad. I never had a negative experience at an interview when UNH was mentioned.
Starting Job: Chemist Preparedness: B+ Reputation: A

UNH is not all bad

Aug 25 2014Finance
UNH is not all bad. If you are looking for the golden years of college experience, this is a pretty decent fit. Nice campus, lots of drinking, easy classes and friendly and helpful faculty.

If that's not what you're into, I would pick a different school. Trust me when I, and other people who review, say "everyone is a bro/hoe". Could not be more true. There used to be a school-wide joke on a facebook page called "unh crushes" (where people anonymously posted comments about people they saw on campus who were bangin) and the joke was "that girl I saw in Philly today with the yoga pants, uggs, and black northface jacket". The joke being that almost every single girl there was dressed in that outfit, not exaggerating. Most girls are unbelievably dumb, even the "smart" girls are about average. They are above-averagely hot though, if that's what you're into. The guys are mostly frat guys. Thursday-Sunday the entire campus is filled with drunk people, school cops patrol the campus but only intervene if you sit down on the sidewalk (because you may be sick), other than that, they just keep on driving, even if you are OBVIOUSLY drunk and underage (which is actually kind of a good thing, if you ask me).

That being said, even though I transferred to another University, I did not hate my time at UNH. I figured my degree would be worthless (which it may) and that I wanted to make connections with people who had more to offer than booze (which was hard) so I left. I enjoyed the food, the parties, the atmosphere, but it gets old unless you are very into that sort of thing. Although, there ARE people on campus who are interested in making real connections and friendships (join some clubs and you will find them).Be warned--if you attend this University, your degree will have a hard time getting you a job. I know many senior with no jobs. That is a risk you take at any University, though. If you want to have a good time and a good college experience and don't mind so much about the empty-headed student body and easy, boring classes than this is a good school for you. I am not trying to put down UNH. It was not the best fit for me, but I know many people who are very happy there. It's really just about what you're into.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016