StudentsReview :: The Academy of Massage Therapy - Comments and Student Experiences

The Academy of Massage Therapy

The way the staff speaks to the studentsQuite BrightOther
The way the staff speaks to the students is downgrading. The staff makes mistakes and forgets to give you the proper paperwork then threatens to keep you from coming to school if the paperwork isn't filled out within a short deadline. They are not friendly. They are so nice and pleasant to you when you're signing up because they want your money. After that you're dirt. Also it's primarily a medical based school yet they don't keep the bathrooms cleaned or with any soap. The air conditioning doesn't work. Very disappointed in the way everyone has been treated. We are people too and we deserve to be treated nicely. Should never have to go home feeling like a piece of crap.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: B+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Seton Hall is aBrightNursing
Seton Hall is a school filled with spirit, intelligence, and opportunity. I love it here. I feel like I'm at home and my professors are brilliant. The campus grounds and buildings are gorgeous.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+,
I have just finished my first year atBrightUndecided
I have just finished my first year at Princeton. I have met wonderful friends whom I have found helpful and always willing to collaborate. Some classes are exceedingly hard, but I have found that utilizing office hours can be beneficial. Of the eight classes I have taken this year four have had precepts. My preceptors ranged from absolutely amazing to worse than awful. Some have encouraged me as I adjusted to the increased demands and rigor while others have actually told me I could end with no grade above a "C" and should not continue to the next level class.. and I ended with a "B" in that class. Although I think she was truly an outlier. Her negativity was disconcerting and did set me back and impact my motivation for awhile until I realized that I could and would prove her wrong. Lesson from this was that if you go to Princeton, you must believe in yourself.

Acitivities have been great for me and I have found my niche in a club (sports) program, community service activity and an extracurricular club. I have met many people in these organizations and it has widened my circle of friends beyond the dormitories and class year peers. Each person has been amazing in his/her accomplishments. Are some arrogant? Yes, but I then to pursue friendships that are geared towards my "fit." Not everyone is going to be my "cup of tea," but this is no different than any other institution or situation.

Grading is tough, with the current grade deflation policy being a bit onerous. Although I do believe it is more impactful for the humanities rather than the sciences. Still, it makes for a few tears along the way. Some students will retake classes that they received AP scores of 5's on to cushion the blow, but after talking to my friends at other colleges, this is not unique to Princeton. It will take more effort to obtain an "A," sometimes you want to go for it and sometimes you say "is it worth the effort?" "B's" are well within reach for most disciplines and with average effort. If you are an "A" junkie, Princeton can be a hard mountain to climb.

While there is competition for that "A" grade, I have not found that to impede collaboration between students or create an aura of ultra competition. In fact, I had one classmate offer to explain a problem set to me and I really did not even know him, He approached me and not visa versa! Really, in my experience, most students know that they will be great at somethings and average at others so they help were they can and ask for assistance when they cannot.

In reflection, I have found my first year to be a challenge, but a welcomed one at that! Classes have been enlightening in many ways. Most teachers have been great, but there are clunkers that I know to avoid. I have a wonderful circle of friends, learned a lot about my self, and am looking forward to the years ahead.

Useful Schoolwork: A+, Scholastic Success: B+

University of Texas - Arlington (TX) 1:negative

Montclair State University (NJ) 1:negative

University of West Georgia (GA) 1:negative

Ozarks Technical Community College (MO) 1:negative

Compare AMTSave AMT

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→