StudentsReview :: Drew University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

Drew University

Drew is an excellent liberal arts college

Jul 05 2014Unknown
Drew is an excellent liberal arts college. Sure there are a few drawbacks to it like the food and the dorms but the quality of the education is phenomenal. I'm a biology major and Drew's science departments are superb. I never regretted my decision to attend Drew. My education is preparing me for a fantastic career in research. Look at Drew if you are interested in a small college designed to provide academic research opportunities, especially in the sciences.

I defintely picked the right school

May 05 2014Economics
I defintely picked the right school. I wanted a small liberal arts college, with a beautiful campus, challenging academics, and close to a major city. Drew is all these things. Drew is becoming very international which makes it more exciting. There are plenty of social events, and New York is close by. The faculty is very accessible, and knowlegeable in their field. Some students complain about the food, but unless your mother was Betty Crocker I don't see a problem with it. The students here are overall very friendly.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Collaboration/Competitive: B

I, personally, LOVE Drew University

Jul 15 2014Political Science
I, personally, LOVE Drew University. I understand, though, that some people wouldn't love it. I come from a small high school in a small town in a small state (Vermont), so the warm, open, and even slightly secluded environment of the campus and even town feel new and big to me. If I came from a big high school I probably wouldn't love Drew as much as I do, I'd probably feel a little suffocated, like I needed more out of a location, more size.

Some things about Drew aren't perfect (You'll probably have to take one or two 9am classes, the dorms aren't fancy and beautiful [for the most part], and the food is... not amazing.)

But what Drew lacks in the food/dorm department it more than makes up for. The gym is amazing, the library is fabulous, there's room for growth (if there isn't a club that you want, YOU CAN START IT), the classes are amazing (even the ones you hate at the time are incredibly eye-opening in the long run...), and the professors! THEY'RE THE BEST PART OF DREW. They will not only give you information and perspective, but they're teach you how to look at things in ways you never thought to, and they'll teach you to ask questions, and even question authority. And there is nothing more important than the power of inquisitiveness.

Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B-