StudentsReview :: Drew University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

Drew University

Drew desperately needs to do something about itsBrightBiology
Drew desperately needs to do something about its current student/financial situation. Many other reviews are from people who graduated many years ago, but this review is from a current student here at Drew. I can tell you right now that this University is not being run well in the administrative and financial sense. Many students currently face the situation of not being able to continue their education because of rising tuition. Many students have been told by their financial aid 'advisors' that they should take out a loan to continue; there is no other option. The people at the Business Office/Financial Aid Office are no help to the current students. They make errors on financial aid packages, take forever to get a simple task done, and they have an attitude whenever you ask why something was done incorrectly or late. Most undergrads were screwed over by the Financial Aid Office weeks before the fall semester began because of a lack of communication on their part, late packages, or errors on the aid packages.

As I said above, many students currently face the decision of racking up student debt (because of the awful advice of the 'advisors'), or transfer to a more affordable school. The administration makes the rest of the university look bad truthfully. The only reason why most students stay is because of the professors and faculty members. Most of the professors are so helpful and make up for the less than perfect service in Tilghman House?(Business/Financial Aid Offices).If I am a prospective student reading the reviews of Drew University, I say this: there are state universities in NJ that are much more affordable. Make the right educational AND financial decision when choosing a university to attend for 4-years. Some universities are not worth racking up the mountains of debt that need to be paid off when you graduate.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A, Surrounding City: F
I am entering my third year at DrewHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
I am entering my third year at Drew and I love this place. Drew gave me a generous scholarship and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to come here. My classes are amazing and I am conducting two research projects this year. I also love being able to go to NYC from time to time. The only thing that I do not like about Drew is the food. It can be hard to stomach, no pun intended.
Yes, I agree with the previous post.Quite Bright
Yes, I agree with the previous post. Drew is a fantastic liberal arts college. The people complaining in the previous posts are an exceptional few who probably did not get the "typical" college experience that they were looking for. This is because Drew is not your "typical" college. It is above that. Drew does not offer Greek life and the massive and imposing structures of bigger colleges, this is true. But the education is excellent and the campus itself is a natural wonder. Drew excels in many areas which most college do not. It provides an intimate learning environment which contributes to intellectual growth and curiosity. My time at Drew was very well spent and I am currently pursuing a master's degree at an ivy league university. I can say that Drew is worth the money if you can go here and it will provide you with an exceptional foundation of skills for life. Any complaints which people post here about the school are not accurate. Yes, Drew, did have a recent president who maintained a vision for the school that was not held by the majority of students and faculty. And yes, this president is no longer at Drew for the very reason that he was not fit to lead the university. I guarantee you that Drew cares about its students, its reputation and its quality. Drew had a bad experience with one individual who tried imposing his personal naive vision upon the university. This man however, is gone and a new president has assumed leadership in the meantime. I loved Drew and I did exceptionally well here. I learned a ton and I do not regret my decision at all.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F