StudentsReview :: Drew University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

Drew University

Apr 07 2014Unknown

Drew University = Shit Show. Don't go here.

Drew can best be described as a Mickey

Jan 12 2014Unknown
Drew can best be described as a Mickey Mouse college. Serious learning does not happen here. Don't be stupid and waste your money going here. This school was founded by a railroad tycoon who was a thief in the 1800s. The school today does the same thing to their students by robbing them of money for a mediocre quality education. Look elsewhere and save your money. This school isn't worth it. Trust me. Drew like many other small insignificant colleges will one day go out of business. There is no place for a school like drew in today's economy. Please save your money for a school that actually gives you an education. Don't. Go here. You've been warned!

Drew University has done nothing but broken my

Aug 25 2014PreMed and Medical
Drew University has done nothing but broken my spirits and put me down. After staying in a prison-like dorm my first semester, I decided to commute by train my second semester. Even though my first semester seemed ok, my second one was HELL!!! Drew is mainly for those who are ok with living on-campus in disgusting dorm rooms. Urine on the walls in the bathrooms is not what I call "a good learning environment". Since first year students cannot park on campus, you have to take the train which is a 20 minute walk one way to campus. The town of Madison doesn't snow plow the sidewalks so you are walking on ice in the winter. I ended up getting physically ill from commuting, since the living conditions on campus weren't ideal. I was hospitalized for a week in March 2014 after falling ill in class. When I came back to hand a letter from my doctor, the dean's receptionist in the EC building asked me if I could make it the rest of the semester without being hospitalized. That comment was completely uncalled for. I decided that day to leave Drew University. I don't need to be insulted like that and treated as if I chose to go away on vacation. Also, the pre-medical advisor has the same attitude. Her name is Dr. Christina McKittrick, Chair of Biology. She told me that since I have medical issues, no matter how well I do in school, there will always be someone better than me and that I should pursue other interests. Well, according to my physician, I am medically ok to pursue medicine. The food on campus is horrible so expect to fall ill even if you stay on campus. Their are not many clubs that meet during the day so commuters don't feel part of the Drew community. Another thing, Drew charges ways to much money for the quality of education that they provide. They spend their money promoting the school but rarely use those funds for the classroom. Every college expects you to take what you are given in the classroom and take personal responsibility in learning it on your own. However not every college goes out of their way to put you down when they say that you will never fail at Drew if you put forth the effort. Don't believe what they pay students that run tours to tell you. Drew does not care nor support students. Go to a public university that the state controls. Private ones like Drew follow their own rules and are not monitored by the state. I was in the top 30 percent of my class in high school, graduated with a 3.6 GPA and took honors classes. Drew did nothing but hurt me academically. Luckily I am starting fresh at another public university and am happy to be able to start over. Don't waist your freshman year at Drew like i did. Oh, and I did reach out to faculty at Drew, very few were supportive.
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Education Quality: F