StudentsReview :: Drew University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

Drew University

Drew is an excellent liberal arts college

Jul 05 2014Unknown
Drew is an excellent liberal arts college. Sure there are a few drawbacks to it like the food and the dorms but the quality of the education is phenomenal. I'm a biology major and Drew's science departments are superb. I never regretted my decision to attend Drew. My education is preparing me for a fantastic career in research. Look at Drew if you are interested in a small college designed to provide academic research opportunities, especially in the sciences.

I defintely picked the right school

May 05 2014Economics
I defintely picked the right school. I wanted a small liberal arts college, with a beautiful campus, challenging academics, and close to a major city. Drew is all these things. Drew is becoming very international which makes it more exciting. There are plenty of social events, and New York is close by. The faculty is very accessible, and knowlegeable in their field. Some students complain about the food, but unless your mother was Betty Crocker I don't see a problem with it. The students here are overall very friendly.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Collaboration/Competitive: B

Drew University is a great college

Dec 18 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Drew University is a great college. Anyone who does not get something out of the Drew experience is not trying to live life. Drew cultivates bright minds and attracts eager students who might not always be in the top ten percent of their high school class, but give their academic coursework their best effort. Drew is an A+ college for B+ students. I graduated from Drew in 2007, and then went on to graduate school. I will tell you that my graduate studies at Columbia University were not as rigorous as many of my courses at Drew. I highly recommend Drew, especially if you are a B+ student who plans on establishing a profession in law or the sciences. For a small college, Drew definitely has a fantastic Political Science Department and Biology Department. Drew also has arrangements with UMDNJ, for pre-med students. This puts you on the right track for a career in medicine. Drew is a great school with easy access to New York City. Plus, Drew has a lot of name recognition in the NYC area. When it comes to finding a job in the area, this really helps alumni. My experience at Drew was great and I will always stay connected to the school.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F