StudentsReview :: Georgian Court University - Comments and Student Experiences

Georgian Court University

Oct 30 2014Chemical Engineering
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
NIGHTMARE. I WILL NEVER GRADUATE. COSTS A FORTUNE AND PROFESSORS WHO ARE ALL PART TIME AND NO ON CAMPUS OFFICES LOST 3 DIFFERENT PAPERS ND WOULD NOT TAKE COPIES. GAVE ME F's. MONEY SUCKERS, I FEEL STUCK AND CAMPUS HAS BECOME VIOLENT SINCE MEN 23 yrs old AND FRESHMEN ADMITTED.GO ANYWHERE ELSE! SCARY PLACE, STAFF NO HELP.
Sep 04 2014Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
For a Catholic school, run by the Sisters of Mercy, this institution really has no ethical values what so ever. I withdrew from this university a few weeks ago after being a 3.85+ GPA student for three years. I simply could not handle one more year at this university. As a student out of high school who was a ward-of-the-state before the age of 18, I didn't have any assistance in paying for college, advising on applying to college, or someone to support me while going to college. Georgian Court is located in the town I graduated high school in (which is a problem in and of itself), so they were right there in my senior year offering a scholarship and enough financial aid to cover the cost of tuition without me even applying to another school yet. So I blindly took a seemingly good opportunity. In the past three years, I have had many issues with the staff in the financial aid and billing offices. Not only is there no communication between offices, but the women who work these offices are unnecessarily rude to students who are not paying out of pocket and completely unhelpful in providing any information on financial assistance or scholarships. The scholarship money offered is distributed based on who you know, not your financial need or academic record (regardless of what the scholarships say in the description). The student services worker means well but all she can do is give students in need some cans of vegetables. She couldn't even get me financial assistance to be able to afford health insurance through the school, which is upwards of $2,000 per year. Honestly, who knows where the money at this university is going. I mean, they only charge over $30,000 per year. I doubt it's going to the professors because they are equally as useless. I was taking a senior seminar class and the professor went on vacation the last week of class and was unable to answer questions through email about the 15 page paper due the day he returned. Professors rarely answer emails even when not on vacations. I was also not able to do an internship opportunity that I set up for myself with a phone counseling center because my academic advisor did not answer my emails and won't see students without a booked appointment. Additionally, I began to foresee that there are no opportunities for career advancement and graduate school with a degree from this university. It is so small, zero networking connections. No advice on how to apply to graduate schools, at least in the psychology department. I believe this is because they want you to attend their graduate counseling program which a joke as far as I am concerned. Now that I have withdrawn, they are telling me that I owe $10,000 from three semesters ago so I am not allowed a copy of my transcripts for the university I am applying to this fall. I never heard about this money until two weeks AFTER withdrawing. This school is a scam to say the least. I will apply to a state school without that transcript if I have to. I would rather do three years over again at a real school than pay this school another cent. This school doesn't even deserve serious students. So, if you are one, stay far away. State schools are much better, even disregarding all of the issues I had at this school, if only for the sheer fact that there are opportunities for serious career advancement. Don't waste your time or money here!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: B, Faculty Accessibility: F
Jul 29 2014Education
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
If you want to feel like you are going to a prison camp, then you will be happy. Staff horrible, no social activities. Surrounding town..ugh. Drive through around streets near college on a nice day, enough said. Teachers are plain nasty. EXPENSIVE. Visit college during week, lol, they will not let you in, why??? Cause you will never come back, do NOT go to any scheduled programs, all fake. Park on the street and look through fences.

Dowling College (NY) 1:neutral