StudentsReview :: New Jersey City University - Comments and Student Experiences

New Jersey City University

I am a sophomore and this school isAverageAccounting
I am a sophomore and this school is ok, but if you are looking to be really challenged, this is not the school for you. I was hoping for the classes to be more challenging, but many feel like high school classes. Maybe that's because I have taken mostly general requirement courses so far. However, some classes are challenging but some are a joke. I think that if you want to learn a lot, you have to be motivated on your own and cant expect teachers to do things like force you to read the textbook and do the homework, because some dont even check hw. You have to be self motivated if you really want to learn in this school and make the most of it. I just don't like how some teachers are too lenient and let students get away with everything. Also, try not to take teachers with accents because it can make a class 10x more confusing.

The campus is nice especially in the early fall and the spring when the flowers are in bloom, the campus looks great during this time. Dont expect big green meadows or anything though, the campus is pretty small.

The people here are nice and friendly for the most part. I have met do no complete assholes or anything (so far), everyone has been really nice and friendly. The teachers are really nice and helpful too. Although some of the receptionists can be kind of bitchy though, but some are nice too.

There are also plenty of clubs to join and places to get food. The cafeteria food gets boring quick, I usually get coffee or soup or subway there. And then they have a Starbucks which isn't that great, and then food trucks which are good if youre low on cash. Overall, I like this school, its a nice campus, people are nice, but I wish it was more challenging, and I dont feel that safe when I go home at night on the bus. If your main priority is getting a degree and making some friends, this is a good school for you. If you're really really smart then maybe try a different school, but at least it will be easy for you to get a great GPA. I don't consider myself a genius or anything, but I got a 3.6 gpa my freshman year and I felt like I barely tried. I hope it gets more challenging as I progress. Overall, I do like this school, except a lot of people have never heard of it which makes me feel kind of weird for going here. And also, if you had good grades and a decent sat score, they may give you a scholarship. For me, financial aid and my scholarship is more than enough money to pay the tuition, which is a huge plus and one of the reasons why I am at this school. I think what I like most about this school is how nice everyone is, and my advisor is really helpful too and cares about my academics.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: C
I dormed and worse experience ever.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I dormed and worse experience ever. Everyone goes home by Thursday and the campus looks like ghost town. The food gets boring after a while so i ended up spending more money on food. But the students are very friendly and help you go by the boring days from Sunday til Wednesday. Although this school is very inexpensive don't trust them with your money, they will screw you over big time! I had everything payed for and had all the classes I wanted until last minute (two weeks into the semester)they found out my bill wasnt correct? Therefore all my classes were dropped(i couldn't attend any classes), and my financial aid was dropped as well. My financial aid covered $9000 out of $10000 that was due, and they still proceeded to erase all my information. So they ended up screwing up a semester for me. But thats ok because everyone on that financial aid line were complaining about the same thing. Hopefully they shut down that wanna be so called "UNIVERSITY". Don't go unless you want to waste time and money on worthless information you would get from this school!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Individual Value: A+, Education Quality: D-
Im a freshmen and i entered this shoolBrightUndecided
Im a freshmen and i entered this shool in 2010. Thinking about being a psyc major.
If you want to go to this school, dont expect any excitement, expect boredom. The people there are very friendly and your not just a number. In my opinion, i dont ever really see clubs or fraternitys do anything, and if they do, its probably once out of the whole semester. I dont think this school even has a sorority. You can always get help at this school, doors are always open.The diversity there is great also. Since its a commuting school, there is barely anyone on campus. I would advice you not to dorm (people complain that its boring). Since the school is closed off, its very safe on campus, i have never felt unsafe. Although i do hear that outside of the campus in the night time,there might be a few unsafe things going on in the wrong neighborhood, or if your waiting for a bus at night. The new buildings there are nice, but the two ugliest building are Rosey, and Grossnickle. The school is very easy to get around.The food there is also great.(subway,starbucks,and other regular food)If you dont want the food inside the school, there is always 2 trucks outside that makes food right in front of you, and there is also a pizzaria near by. if you dont have high SAT scores expect remedial classes, and if you take these remedial classes more than 2wice expect to be kicked out of the school. Other schools dont kick other people out but for some reason this school does. I wounldnt go to this school over again.Im actually transfering out. I realized i dont like commuting that far away(i live 20 min away, but when its traffic, its an hour). School is stressfull and why make more stressfull by commuting, waisting gas, and time just to go to an okay/boring school.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014