StudentsReview :: New Jersey City University - Comments and Student Experiences

New Jersey City University

That dude was right on about the cafeSuper BrilliantCriminal
That dude was right on about the cafe food. Everything at this university on the border of JC is EXPENSIVE! Parking in the closest garage costs six dollars if you don't pre-load your "gothic-card" otherwise its 4$ each time! If you choose the far away parking lot it is now only 3$ for the dirt poor student. What a gyp! Once I got a red bull and one slice of pie for seven bucks! I almost wanted to leave it, but instead took it and didn't visit ever again. your best bet is the two lunch trucks. For commuters who have a choice and arent forced to buy credit for lunch on their goth cards will find that the people out in the cold will make you the freshest,cheapest,tastiest thing to eat over there; they actually hustle and appreciate your buisness for less money and take 5 min as opposed to 20-30 in the caf, and yes I am serious! My advisor Naiomi was horrible and I was lied to by the head of the advisement dept. that I can't change her. The campus is the only maintained plot of land on the entire west side and even so all of the foilage starts late spring through fall so the rest of the year that you spend most of your time there it looks like crap. Maybe if they would plant evergreeens that stay green in the winter it would be a diffrent story but no, its all dead as winter itself. There is security but, IT IS an "open campus"! Anyone may walk in there and shoot. Matter of fact there is no campus but ther are buildings. You walk in and get the hell out. This is how it goes everyone leaving out the buildings doorway goes left right straight and whoosh there all gone to work or something. I was told by my friend Marisol who left the place for NYU said " The dorms? The dorms are the fourth project of Jersey city" And yes they are nasty. Many of the dorm peoples have free FAFSA and mooch the shit out of em getting everything payed for and I must say these are not well deserving kids. They're DUMB IDIOTS (EXCEPT FOR MARISOL AND HER TWIN SIS)There are no: worthwhile student clubs, organizations, or sports which are all underfunded DIV.3 and have no sense of being worthwhile or usefull to you or anyone else. And one of the questions this site asked me was "propaganda ads(ETC.)" Yes this is true! The brochure uses digital imiging and pasted photos like a fat girls pic on myspace at an angle far away; giving the illusion of a spacious, beautiful, campus and all the cool shabang. Bal shet!!! If you live closeby, if you need classes and not an experience to remember, If you like to pay for outrageous parking fees and shit food, and are ok with lack of good advisement and can find your way on your own completeley than Be My Guest. From one years experience I could write up an entire 10 page paper on why not to go to NJCU and just half to a full double-spaced page tops on why to bother comong here! Peace Out! Oh and p.s on my way walking from the 3$ parking lot I saw 5 empty dime bags and like two crack vials on the curb just layin there. Ithought that I was near LA's skid row Fcuk Dat Joint!!!
1st Year Male -- Class 2011
Scholastic Success: A+, Surrounding City: F
The best thing about this school is thatBrightPsychology
The best thing about this school is that you're never in a classroom with 200 students. You get individual attention, and you actually learn. Plus, as much as it sucks that there's an attendance policy, it's seriously helpful. The worst thing about this school is the fact that it's in a bad part of Jersey City, plus it's not the typical college-experience. But it's generally a great school--gets the job done. Great tuition price too..
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Individual Value: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B
I love this school.Not so bright
I love this school. I went to another school for my Associates Degree than came here for my bachelors. NJCU was a nice school with a great faculty. The Media Arts Program is wonderful (which was my major). They allow for alot of creativity but still gradded accordingly. The best thing about Media Arts was working with people. You are guaranteed to make friends in that major. As far as other majors, as I have been told by friends, there may not be as much working together as in Media Arts but noone complains about the curriculum. I love this school and was proud to be a Gothic Night!
4th Year Male -- Class 2001