StudentsReview :: Kean University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
Rowan University -- Glassboro, NJ
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Kean University

Kean University is a school which would be

Jul 26 2014Business - Management and Administration
Kean University is a school which would be in the bottom portion of colleges that applicants who have decent GPA and SAT score would attend even of instate students. First this a commuter school, you come on campus, go to class and leave. There is very little if any school spirt here and activities are limited as well. The admission standards are not competitive either, you need a 2.5 GPA and close to a 1000 SAT score (math/verbal) and you are in. Faculty here are helpful and help when every you need it, never has a bad experience in that regard. I attended from 2004-2005 and still regret it.
1st Year Female -- Class 2008
Campus Maintenance: B, Innovation: D

The Computer Science program at Kean is great,

Nov 12 2014Computer Science
The Computer Science program at Kean is great, Dr. Morreal is very smart, friendly and the professors so far for my Core Classes are very nice and helpful. However, everything else at Kean is a disaster. Half of my credits didn't transfer properly, I've been given the runaround like CRAZY the administration is awful. Good luck actually getting into the classes you need, they're always full...and if you need to get pushed in you have to go chasing department heads to do it to get paperwork signed. Unless you personally email the dean, no one does anything for you. I think this school is so disorganized, unhelpful, and there is such a lack of accountability that I may transfer for the fall of my senior year. I think it will be considerably LESS work to go through the transfer process at Rutgers then to attempt to register for another 2 semesters. I am a good student, and at OCC it was cake to do everything, I can't believe they paired up with Kean! and if you have kids, don't even THINK about it....getting your scheduling worked around involves jumping through flaming hot rings of fire - no one cares that you are a parent that is probably working full time trying to get an education to support your kids, literally no one gives a crap at Kean.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Individual Value: D

Although I have graduated nearly 2 years ago,

May 01 2014Psychology
Although I have graduated nearly 2 years ago, I can honestly say that my undergraduate years at Kean were absolutely magical. Initially, as a freshman, I was a scared and nervous boy(although i did have some friends come with me to Kean prior) who did not know anyone and was not involved in any extracurricular activities. However, as time progressed, I began to grow closer to my peers and started to become more involved in campus. I became involved in the student government, and was apart of the E-board at my club, as well as a member in other clubs. Moreover, with this involvement naturally came meeting new people and friends. I loved to coming to campus, as there was always something to do. The faculty and staff( at least in my experience) were very friendly and helpful as well.Mind you, that some courses I took were somewhat difficult( anatomy, precal, etc) however the instructors were willing to help despite the level of difficulty. I truly have learned so much from the classes and teachers and I feel blessed to have experienced and known them. My time at Kean was definitely one the best moments of my life. I highly advise anyone to come here, and experience the university for themselves. P.S. Do not listen to those who bash Kean, they were probably those individuals who only came to school, then leave right after. Keep and open mind, meet people, and enjoy your college experience! :)
Preparedness: B Reputation: B+