StudentsReview :: Kean University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
Rowan University -- Glassboro, NJ
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Kean University

Academically Kean is a great school

Mar 31 2014Other
Academically Kean is a great school. I am an intended Speech Language Communications major. I like the program so far, and plan on continuing throughout my years here. One thing I dislike about Kean is Residential Life. This is mainly a commuter school, so Res Life is pretty small. They care more about the school's appearance more than the students. The dorms are nice, but the Residence hall directors can be a pain with all of their useless rules. There's always dorm parties going on, and there are plenty Frat/Sorrority houses near by. A lot of clubs if you're into that. Cars are def needed on this campus. Living on campus gets boring after awhile, but the dorms are pretty nice.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Faculty Accessibility: B-

It is a great school! Faculty is extremely

Mar 30 2014Psychology
It is a great school! Faculty is extremely approachable I had amazing professors that really care about us learning, understanding and applying the acquired knowledge. Maybe I was lucky but I never had a "bad" professor. Also, I got accepted to all four grad school programs I applied.

Campus is pretty and well maintained and the Starbucks is HUGE!
Food in the East Campus cafeteria is very good !This semester the whole trolley situation got much better

4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C-

Coming to Kean University has been the best

Apr 03 2014Education
Coming to Kean University has been the best decision of my life. Let me start off, first by saying that I have transferred so many times due to the fact of personal issues. I am an education major and right now I am completing the requirements next semester I start my education classes.

What I like about this University are the classes and Professors, the size is just right, not too big, not to small. The professors know you by name, you're not just a number to them. People are friendly, the classes are challenging but hey, it isn't high school right.

One thing that I will complain about is parking. Parking is terrible, so make sure you come in early. I come here at 11am, and can't find parking by the entrance of the school. I have to park all the way in the back. Another thing, make sure not to park on the yellow lines, those are for the staff. I cannot even emphasize this enough, they will give you tickets, for $100 but I appealed it, and they reduced it for $50. You don't want to get tickets though so park on the WHITE LINES.

Safety is not an issue here. My latest class ends at 10:15pm, I walk to the parking lot like nothing, so don't worry about that.

The campus itself is beautiful, there's internet connections so bring in your laptop, lot of professors let you use the laptop in class and record it. Also, if you are having issues in class get tutoring, it's on CAS. Simple. I can't really complain, I've read horrible reviews about Kean and I was afraid of coming here, thinking that I will transfer again but that hasn't been the case. I love Kean, I am learning so much.

Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B-