StudentsReview :: Kean University - Comments and Student Experiences
  
-or-
Search for Schools by Region
 

or within distance of city

Similar Schools
Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
Rowan University -- Glassboro, NJ
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA


  Who's got the Best?

Perceptual Rankings:
You Make 'Em.
We Post 'Em.
You Vote 'Em Up.
You Vote 'Em Down.
Aww yeah.


Kean University

Select Comment

Positive Neutral Negative Advice

There are 86 Comments

Sort By: [Date] [Major] [Rating]  

View

I was a transfer student to Kean and

Apr 14 2007Biology
I was a transfer student to Kean and I am currently in the biology department. There are new faculty and most of the courses are challenging. Kean has had above average success in getting students into post graduate medical programs (Dentistry, PT, Occupational therapy, and medicine). I've been very happy at Kean.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009
Faculty Accessibility: A, Campus Maintenance: C+

Its a great school to go to acdemically

Sep 16 2006Business - Management and Administration
Its a great school to go to acdemically. They have every major possiable and the classes arent as hard only because there isnt 300 to a class like a typical college. I live on campus its pretty boring on the weekends cause most students live close by, they go home to work or what have you. Most parties are runned by the Greek Organizations on campus monday thru thrusday, not common at this school to party on the weekends like other colleges. There is a train on campus that shoots you to Newark in 5mins and another 12min you're at World Trade Center. Not every college has one of those. I think thats about it.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2009
Individual Value: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B-

This is by far the worst school ive

Apr 30 2007History/Histories (art history/etc.)
This is by far the worst school ive ever encountered. 90% of students commute, so for the other 10% of you who live on campus, you'll make it through. Coming from other parts of NJ or even out of state, this school is absolutely terrible providing things to do. No life in the dorms whatsoever. Surrounding city is Newark, what more can I say? Average student GPA is around a 2.5, meaning a degree from here is as good as used toilet water. The food and dining hall service is absolutely terrible. The faculty and administation is some of the rudest people ive ever dealt with in my life, especially the Registrars office. School is notorious for losing paperwork, so expect to know the administration on a first name basis. Paper plates and self serve on weekends at the dining hall. Not to mention less than 50 people eat there. School is totally segregated. Campus is closed on weekends, and extremely small. They are constantly constructing around campus, they shut off heat and water for days at a time in the dorms, and theres always huge plumes of steam coming from the ground. In my opinion, there are community colleges that are a hell of alot more reputable than this joke of a school. Dry campus, not to mention its only 6 buildings that house around 1,000 at most. VERY STRICT in the dorms, if youre caught drinking you may have done yourself a favor, hopefully you got kicked out. Parking is horrendous. If youre a commuter then I can see why this school can be rated so fairly but if you live on campus, expect to be HEAVILY disappointed. To sum up the school in one word? GHETTO. Dont come here unless youre getting paid to do it.
Male -- Class 2000
Preparedness: - Reputation: -
About Us | Advertise! | Press
Send Comments/Suggestions to: sradmin@studentsreview.com.

Copyright © 2000-2014. StudentsReview, All Rights Reserved.
 

 

Disclaimer: StudentsReview makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this site. Furthermore, StudentsReview is not affiliated with any University or Institution.

All Universities in New Jersey (NJ), College Search, College Rankings