StudentsReview :: Kean University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Kean University

What can I say

Jun 06 2012Biology
What can I say...this school is dreadful. I completely feel like I'm back in high school going here. I graduated from high school with a 3.5GPA and had good SAT scores so was offered a hefty scholarship from Kean, it doesn't really mean much though since I hate the school. The coursework is extremely easy, too easy. I have gotten straight A's both semesters that I have attended here, and feel like I'm academically superior to most of my peers. It's funny because I never really considered myself a stellar student until I came here. I'm in college because I want to be challenged...NOT get easy A's and still be completely lost regarding the subject matter. The professors are horrid, most of them can't even speak english. The students are terrible, their is just way too much ghetto trash at this school. Anyway, I'll be transferring next semester.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

The campus is clean

Mar 31 2012Nutrition
The campus is clean and a little big, There aren't many bright people here. I wanted to major in nutrition here because it is listed as a major on the website but someone told me nutrition isn't a major, what is up with that?
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

I attended Kean for a week and that

Oct 09 2012Undecided
I attended Kean for a week and that was far too long for me. This school is pitiful. If you visit the school, don't be fooled by the overly nice staff and the cleanliness of the school. That is one thing i will admit is that it really is beautiful and spotless and the faculty is beyond nice and helpful. Other then that, its just bad. First off, if youre looking for a party school, look further. This school is boring as shit. There is nothing to do ever. And before you think "you were there for a week you gotta give it time..." no. I asked upperclassmen and they all said its not a party school besides some off campus frat parties. There is no way im traveling around the filthy city of Elizabeth to a shady frat house where i will most likely get kicked out. Second off, i felt like a minority. I would just like to make it clear that i am not racist whatsoever, but this school is legit like 75% black and spanish so if youre white and you wanna feel more in youre element (such as me) and hang out with people who are more like you, dont go here. Third, this school is ridiculously overpriced. I was gonna pay $30,000 a year.. for what? Go to a CUNY and save your parents some money. It'll be worth it cause youre not gonna get a great education here anyway. I had one professor have us take a survey all class about our health ways, and another pne rant on about a million topics within 1 hour then say we were having a quiz soon without even telling us what exactly we were being quizzed on. Fourth, the surrounding area is disgusting. Elizabeth is a train wreck of a place. As i was driving there i saw a store with a sign that said "America's best fried chiken" yes, they actually spelled chicken wrong. Its run down, with a store closed down every couple stores, and a shady character on every corner. So if you thought you could explore the surrounding area of the school, you're gonna be disappointed. Fifth, this school is painfully easy to get into. One of my roommates was 23 years old, and had 8 credits. How the fuck did you get into this school? If you get in, don't feel accomplished. A monkey could probably get into this school. With all this being said, I hope i have changed your mind about going here. This school feels like a rehab. Actually it felt nothing like a rehah since my suitemates were smoking weed and doming out their room every day! Thanks for reading.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016