StudentsReview ™ :: Kean University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Kean University

Coming to Kean University has been the best

Apr 03 2014Education
Coming to Kean University has been the best decision of my life. Let me start off, first by saying that I have transferred so many times due to the fact of personal issues. I am an education major and right now I am completing the requirements next semester I start my education classes.

What I like about this University are the classes and Professors, the size is just right, not too big, not to small. The professors know you by name, you're not just a number to them. People are friendly, the classes are challenging but hey, it isn't high school right.

One thing that I will complain about is parking. Parking is terrible, so make sure you come in early. I come here at 11am, and can't find parking by the entrance of the school. I have to park all the way in the back. Another thing, make sure not to park on the yellow lines, those are for the staff. I cannot even emphasize this enough, they will give you tickets, for $100 but I appealed it, and they reduced it for $50. You don't want to get tickets though so park on the WHITE LINES.

Safety is not an issue here. My latest class ends at 10:15pm, I walk to the parking lot like nothing, so don't worry about that.

The campus itself is beautiful, there's internet connections so bring in your laptop, lot of professors let you use the laptop in class and record it. Also, if you are having issues in class get tutoring, it's on CAS. Simple. I can't really complain, I've read horrible reviews about Kean and I was afraid of coming here, thinking that I will transfer again but that hasn't been the case. I love Kean, I am learning so much.

Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B-

It is a great school! Faculty is extremely

Mar 30 2014Psychology
It is a great school! Faculty is extremely approachable I had amazing professors that really care about us learning, understanding and applying the acquired knowledge. Maybe I was lucky but I never had a "bad" professor. Also, I got accepted to all four grad school programs I applied.

Campus is pretty and well maintained and the Starbucks is HUGE!
Food in the East Campus cafeteria is very good !This semester the whole trolley situation got much better

4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C-

I love Kean, it was definitely the best

Oct 04 2013Psychology
I love Kean, it was definitely the best decision for me. I read comments about it on this website and was scared at first to go but now I know those comments are so untrue. I have the best professors they are all friendly and helpful. I made some of the best friends in my classes and i DO NOT dorm. Class availability is great, you almost never have to settle for a different time than you wanted. Parking is terrible I will admit that, but just get to campus early and you will be fine. I LOVE school now, in high school I hated it. I wasn't even going to go to college because I hated school so much. I'm happy I did though because my experience at Kean has been one of the best of my life! Don't listen to all the negative comments, come to Kean! and by the way it is pronounced "Kane".
Scholastic Success: A+, Social Life: C