StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

The accounting department at MSU is one of

Apr 08 2014Accounting
The accounting department at MSU is one of their bright spots especially the professors. However, the overall university experience is mostly negative. Your academic advisor is non-existent and you wouldn't even know they are there if certain classes didn't require waivers. The school doesn't make accomodations for students who have full-time jobs by making sure required courses are available for night class even though they claim to during the admissions process. there is one pretty good place to eat on campus attached to the library and the recreation center is pretty clean but overall I wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.
5th Year Male -- Class 2011
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Individual Value: F

I enjoyed being a student at MSU and

Apr 03 2014Geography and Geosciences
I enjoyed being a student at MSU and I have nothing but fond memories. After having lived in a concrete jungle most of my life, it was refreshing to see trees, clean streets, and picturesque buildings. Tuition was reasonable and the student to teacher ratio was low. As a freshman, I was timid but by the time I graduated, I had more confidence and made many friends. As for the academics, I was fortunate to have attentive professors and awesome classmates that were not only sincere but fun too! It is unfortunate to read many negative comments. MSU was my home for many years and has a special place in my heart.
Starting Job: Microbiologist Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B-

I've been to New York once for vacation!

Apr 06 2014Video/Media
I've been to New York once for vacation! At night when you walk on the seterts, it will smell like trash because that's when people toss out their garbage . And shops there close too early! I think they close around 7PM!! And you're going to have to know your way around NY and if you look like a tourist or a noobie, taxi cab drivers will take advantage of you and rip you off by taking you to your destination THE LONG ROUTE. And be sure to visit Times Square at night because it is AMAZING! And be careful when walking into a huge crowd because you might get pickpocketed. And traffic is CRAZY. When the cross light goes on you better cross the street FAST cause the cabbies will honk the SH%T out of you or might even run you over!! Was this answer helpful?
Starting Job: xf5TyOOx7 Preparedness: F Reputation: F