StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

Oct 27 2014Video/Media
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Montclair helped me get to where I am today. I see a lot of people complaining on here but let me to you, MSU media program taught me a ton. In all my internships at top media outlets in NYC I soared above any Syracuse, Columbia and NYU student.

And although the night life and social life can be lame. It's not always the case. Make some friend and go out. For those comparing there's no social activities, you must be sitting in your room waiting for someone to invite you out.

But with any school, look at the program you want and make sure the school is good/ great in that program. Don't say the school is bad because you came for fashion or business (justnexamples) and it didn't meet your stands. Just saying.Any school is what you make it and I made Montclair soooo much fun.

4th Year Female -- Class 2012
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Surrounding City: C
Jul 20 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This is the worst possible school you could come to for research. The facilities are horrendous and outdated. The autoclave is old and is always breaking down. Their research projects are jokes. If you ever go to a scientific conference you will feel like a no body. They get practically no funding from NIH (1 person in the chemistry department has NIH money, but NONE of biology professors have it)

We don't have a confocal fluorescence microscope (come on)or a FLOW CYTOMETER (GET WITH THE PROGRAM MONTCLAIR STATE. It is just the worst possible school you could come for science, TRUST ME. If you come here for a BS and you're not in the Chemistry department, be prepared to do a masters because the research here is not going to cut it in the real world. Montclair State, you should be ashamed. Even if you're coming for medical school, you are making a horrible mistake. Most admissions committees will not have a good impression of you due to competition. This place is a dump. Even if you obtained a 4.0 gpa here, its not like that will be able to compare to someone who has a 3.8 from a rigorous school. Don't make a stupid decision because you think you're going to save money. I'd rather go in debt that come to this dump.

5th Year Male -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Apr 27 2014Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Overall the school is nice looking and you don't feel like just a number. I say its a good school due to the fact that its cheap, nice looking, the professors are pretty good, the food isn't bad. But if i could transfer if it wasn't for how cheap this school is then I would in heartbeat. I don't feel like I'm living any sort of college experience. I see it like a job, I go do what I have to do and leave. I feel like the students are either really quiet or just plain stuck up and arrogant. Not enough diversity. I feel alone and upset when I'am there but what keeps me here is the price and what i came here for which is to get an education. Coming here is a hit or miss either you will enjoy it fully and have a blast like some people do or you will be miserable and see it like a dull job
1st Year Male -- Class 2017