StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

The accounting department at MSU is one of

Apr 08 2014Accounting
The accounting department at MSU is one of their bright spots especially the professors. However, the overall university experience is mostly negative. Your academic advisor is non-existent and you wouldn't even know they are there if certain classes didn't require waivers. The school doesn't make accomodations for students who have full-time jobs by making sure required courses are available for night class even though they claim to during the admissions process. there is one pretty good place to eat on campus attached to the library and the recreation center is pretty clean but overall I wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.
5th Year Male -- Class 2011
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Individual Value: F

I've been to New York once for vacation!

Apr 06 2014Video/Media
I've been to New York once for vacation! At night when you walk on the seterts, it will smell like trash because that's when people toss out their garbage . And shops there close too early! I think they close around 7PM!! And you're going to have to know your way around NY and if you look like a tourist or a noobie, taxi cab drivers will take advantage of you and rip you off by taking you to your destination THE LONG ROUTE. And be sure to visit Times Square at night because it is AMAZING! And be careful when walking into a huge crowd because you might get pickpocketed. And traffic is CRAZY. When the cross light goes on you better cross the street FAST cause the cabbies will honk the SH%T out of you or might even run you over!! Was this answer helpful?
Starting Job: xf5TyOOx7 Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I'm writing this because I care about others,

Apr 23 2014Nutrition
I'm writing this because I care about others, and I would never want someone to have the same experience I did. I am transferring to a different school in the fall. Montclair State University did not live up to my expectations. I met some students who were very kind and open minded, but I met a lot more who I couldn't even believe were actually going to school, and were very ignorant. This school is very much all style and no substance. Seriously, if you are someone who wants to further your education and better yourself, you are better off going to Rutgers. You do not get the 'individual' attention that they tell you you will get. The dorms are awful and loud. The food is absolutely terrible (with the exception of the Shwarma food truck.) Oh and by the way, this is the definition of a suitcase school. Weekends are literally a ghost town with nothing to do.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015