StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

This is the worst possible school you couldSuper BrilliantBiology
This is the worst possible school you could come to for research. The facilities are horrendous and outdated. The autoclave is old and is always breaking down. Their research projects are jokes. If you ever go to a scientific conference you will feel like a no body. They get practically no funding from NIH (1 person in the chemistry department has NIH money, but NONE of biology professors have it)

We don't have a confocal fluorescence microscope (come on)or a FLOW CYTOMETER (GET WITH THE PROGRAM MONTCLAIR STATE. It is just the worst possible school you could come for science, TRUST ME. If you come here for a BS and you're not in the Chemistry department, be prepared to do a masters because the research here is not going to cut it in the real world. Montclair State, you should be ashamed. Even if you're coming for medical school, you are making a horrible mistake. Most admissions committees will not have a good impression of you due to competition. This place is a dump. Even if you obtained a 4.0 gpa here, its not like that will be able to compare to someone who has a 3.8 from a rigorous school. Don't make a stupid decision because you think you're going to save money. I'd rather go in debt that come to this dump.

5th Year Male -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Overall the school is nice looking and youQuite BrightAccounting
Overall the school is nice looking and you don't feel like just a number. I say its a good school due to the fact that its cheap, nice looking, the professors are pretty good, the food isn't bad. But if i could transfer if it wasn't for how cheap this school is then I would in heartbeat. I don't feel like I'm living any sort of college experience. I see it like a job, I go do what I have to do and leave. I feel like the students are either really quiet or just plain stuck up and arrogant. Not enough diversity. I feel alone and upset when I'am there but what keeps me here is the price and what i came here for which is to get an education. Coming here is a hit or miss either you will enjoy it fully and have a blast like some people do or you will be miserable and see it like a dull job
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F
I'm writing this because I care about others,BrightNutrition
I'm writing this because I care about others, and I would never want someone to have the same experience I did. I am transferring to a different school in the fall. Montclair State University did not live up to my expectations. I met some students who were very kind and open minded, but I met a lot more who I couldn't even believe were actually going to school, and were very ignorant. This school is very much all style and no substance. Seriously, if you are someone who wants to further your education and better yourself, you are better off going to Rutgers. You do not get the 'individual' attention that they tell you you will get. The dorms are awful and loud. The food is absolutely terrible (with the exception of the Shwarma food truck.) Oh and by the way, this is the definition of a suitcase school. Weekends are literally a ghost town with nothing to do.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015