StudentsReview ™ :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

What can I say about a school that

Oct 25 2005Finance
What can I say about a school that literally feels like a public high school? Skip this University from your list. IT IS A PURE WASTE OF TIME. THERE ARE MORE IDIOTS AND MORONS HERE THAN THERE ARE SMART ONES. If you are looking for a good state education, Go to Rutgers Instead. The majority of students here are just PLAIN Stupid and Immature. The faculty is even worst, they try to mask their incompetence by assigning loads of assignments that doesnt help the serious student in the long run. Most annoying of all is the school's policy of only taking Gen Ed. classes until you finish the required courses before taking Actual classes toward your major. and the Business Program is considerably sub-par with RU's Business Program. This is my last semester in BULL SHIT University, I'll be transferring to Rutgers, and if You care about getting an education, I suggest you go to Rutgers University as well. so simply put, students are pretty dumb here, dormitories are just Disgusting, faculty is incompetent,it's basically a very negative atmosphere in MSU. DON'T GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!

Let me tell you something

Oct 05 2005Finance
Let me tell you something... I applied during my senioryear and when i went to the admission consuler i was given this "do not waste my time attitude" by the consuler. Everybody that goes here thinks that this is the best school in the state when it is not. To me the best public university in the state is RUTGERS. when people talk about this school they pretend it is like an ivy league school. About half the student body applied to Rutgers- New Brunswick and did not get in. I am not bad mouthing the school but it is how i feel. Students population is friendly and the faculty seem good to. Also I am not saying I do not like the college, which i do, it has its ups and downs like any other school
1st Year Male -- Class 2008
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Social Life: C-

Montclair State University may be the 2nd largest

May 30 2005Business - Management and Administration
Montclair State University may be the 2nd largest in NJ, but certainly it is not even close to being the 2nd best. I went here for 2 years and am now getting ready to transfer to UDel. Listen, Montclair is basically a community college with a bigger campus.. that's it! Most of the students are middle-aged commuters, the rest are residents who live 10 minutes away and go home at every opportunity they get. You could say that the campus does have a lot of "diversity", but this school caters very much to the Minority students. For example, they frequently have spots in classes held for them by faculty *no lie* and I've even been in the financial aid office and witnessed one literally being handed a grant. No social scene and the campus is even dangerous now. People get jumped by guys in honda civic's in the parking lots (which make up the entire campus) several times a month; someone stole the big-screen TV from the student lounge. There's no place to socialize on the campus. Response from president as to why there's no game room in the student center? "With our new computer lab, students no longer feel the need to have a game room or anything of the sort" (???) Oh and the answer that the president gives to every criticism you could think of, "We're doing the best we can with our limited resources" (???) That covers why the campus looks disgusting, why the RA's are more concerened with writting you up than with putting on programs and events, why the police officers are too busy hiding behind bushes with a speed radar while people are getting jumped in the parking lot.. No matter how limited MSU's resources may be, as a student paying tuition and housing expenses I expect to get my money's worth. MSU will not give you your money's worth; and employers will laugh at your degree when you graduate. MSU prepares you for a life of mediocrity. Please, don't come to this college. It's a smack in the face.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2008