StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

seriously, don't come to montclair

Sep 22 2013Other
seriously, don't come to montclair. I've been here for a year and a half and have learned nothing. I'm a fashion major and I'm currently taking my first fashion class, which is online. How can I benefit from an online fashion class? that's certainly not what I came to school for. classes here are a joke and you will learn nothing. the policies inside the residential halls are complete bullshit, you can lose housing if you were in a room with empty bottles of alcohol, ask them to breathalyze you, doesn't matter. you were in the room and you should be aware of what's going on around you. yeah okay right. montclairs staff only wants your money. they don't want to see you succeed or help your life in any way. don't come here. my parents forced me to because it was cheap, but I'd benefit more from a community college. it's the same education, just thousands more.

This school is absolutely ridiculous

Jul 31 2013Finance
This school is absolutely ridiculous. I was forced into an online class my freshman year because the professor moved to mexico with out letting the school board know it time to find a replacement... On top of that, don't even mention the word alcohol in front of a build director. Me and my friends got sent to court and put on probation for having a pack of mikes hard in the room... unopened.. we were playing twister... we didn't even get a noise complaint.. no one was drunk..

Montclair is an OK school

Aug 22 2013Business - Management and Administration
Montclair is an OK school. Good professors are hard to come by and from my experience the administrative staff in the business school don't care about you. I've had issues with transfer credits and tried to appeal decisions made by the marketing chair, but seeing the dean of the business school is like trying to see the wizard of oz. There is a sense of arrogance with the chairs I met. I'm an adult commuter and like you might of heard parking is one of the biggest problems on campus. I know this is a state university and I don't expect things to be handed to me on a silver platter, but all Montclair cares about is taking your money. Don't expect to network too much, because 90% of the professors and all of the administration don't care about your professional goals. I met many students who ended up working for Montclair in the administrative buildings who, guess what...are completely rude. I now understand these students couldn't even make it in the real world because they got a Montclair education and are in the process of filling the positions of the rude administration now. The only reason I stay at this school is because the grants I receive allow me to get a free education there. I have one year left and wish I put myself in debt at a private school.
Get free info from: Montclair State University