StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

MSU has many great

Jul 19 2013Anthropology
MSU has many great opportunities for the students. The parking could be better and some faculty members aren't the "best", but for a public university it does offer a lot of resources compared to overpriced private schools.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: B+

This University gives their

Jul 07 2013Linguistics
This University gives their students many opportunities to do well. The faculty for my major are excellent and have made my experience at MSU rewarding. The parking may be bad at times, but that doesn't take away from the actual aspect of learning.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+,

Although there are some positives to Montclair it

May 20 2013Education
Although there are some positives to Montclair it is mostly negative. Parking is ridiculous. I commute to school two days a week and on one of the two days I commute I have to park in Red Hawk because Car Parc is full to the brim. I go to class for two and a half hours and have to pay six dollars for parking at Red Hawk, while I all ready paid my commuter parking fee for Car Parc, and will literally have to run to Red Hawk to get my car, move it to Car Parc and then run up that god forsaken hill to get to my next class. Whoever decided to build the student parking deck on the bottom of a hill is obviously a genius. The campus is constantly under construction so its always an eye sore. Plus it creates problems when walking to class because you're constantly having to go around construction. Some of the buildings are really nice on campus while others are falling apart.

Most of the faculty is unhelpful. When I fist came to orientation this woman was assisting me with creating my schedule and I told her I would 110 % not be able to commute to class everyday because I live almost an hour away and work full time so I wanted to take as many classes in a day as possible. I guess she just didn't care and she made this screwed up schedule for me where I had class monday - friday. Because I was a freshman they wouldn't allow me to change my schedule myself and I had to go to campus just to change my schedule. So far though most of my teachers have been pretty cool except for a select few here and there.

Many of the students there are rude and unsociable. I've talked to some on campus students and they absolutely hate it because theres nothing to do. I take a few education classes and we had this debate with students with learning disabilities being put in slower classes and a decent amount of students in my class said they were in special ed when they were younger. I almost died on the spot. You were in special ed yet you want to become a teacher? I always head pretty good things about Montclair but they need to really clean up the place and stop letting in every student that applies. They reward themselves for being one of the best colleges offering teaching certificates yet half their students are basically retarded.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015