StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

This school is absolutely ridiculous

Jul 31 2013Finance
This school is absolutely ridiculous. I was forced into an online class my freshman year because the professor moved to mexico with out letting the school board know it time to find a replacement... On top of that, don't even mention the word alcohol in front of a build director. Me and my friends got sent to court and put on probation for having a pack of mikes hard in the room... unopened.. we were playing twister... we didn't even get a noise complaint.. no one was drunk..

MSU has many great

Jul 19 2013Anthropology
MSU has many great opportunities for the students. The parking could be better and some faculty members aren't the "best", but for a public university it does offer a lot of resources compared to overpriced private schools.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: B+

Montclair is an OK school

Aug 22 2013Business - Management and Administration
Montclair is an OK school. Good professors are hard to come by and from my experience the administrative staff in the business school don't care about you. I've had issues with transfer credits and tried to appeal decisions made by the marketing chair, but seeing the dean of the business school is like trying to see the wizard of oz. There is a sense of arrogance with the chairs I met. I'm an adult commuter and like you might of heard parking is one of the biggest problems on campus. I know this is a state university and I don't expect things to be handed to me on a silver platter, but all Montclair cares about is taking your money. Don't expect to network too much, because 90% of the professors and all of the administration don't care about your professional goals. I met many students who ended up working for Montclair in the administrative buildings who, guess what...are completely rude. I now understand these students couldn't even make it in the real world because they got a Montclair education and are in the process of filling the positions of the rude administration now. The only reason I stay at this school is because the grants I receive allow me to get a free education there. I have one year left and wish I put myself in debt at a private school.