StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

I am so glad I went to Montclair

May 03 2013PreLaw and Legal
I am so glad I went to Montclair State University. I received both my Masters and my Bachelors from this school. I truly believe that the discipline of my curriculum along with the support from my professors in the legal department has given me the foundation needed for my career. I truly believe that I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for Montclair State University!
Starting Job: Customer Service Repreentativr Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

I LOVE MSU!

Apr 09 2013Political Science
I LOVE MSU! It is a beautiful campus and my professors are wonderful. I'm a country-girl at heart so I love the beautiful landscape. It is a perfect place for someone seeking a quality education and perhaps time to meditate. I get emails every day about different events going on in school. Montclair is a beautiful city, the perfect place to settle down. Overall, I love my school. I went to NYU for a semester and it was too expensive so I switched to MSU and wouldn't trade this school for any other - not even NYU. MSU is an great place to get a quality education.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: A

The Political Science and Law Department at Montclair

Mar 14 2013Political Science
The Political Science and Law Department at Montclair State University has some wonderful Professors and Adjunct Professors. The new Department Chair Professor LeClair is wonderful, understanding, and accommodating to students. I had an genuine issue and we resolve it together. If he stays as the Department Chair this is going to be the best place to go to school! He took over for the previous Chair.

The department needs more awesome professors, especially on global issues, economic issues and international stuff. Some of the faculty need to be engaged with new developments and trends in political science, and one person well... avoid her classes. I have had two adjunct professors who were the best professors I have ever had, and the majority of the faculty are really smart, taught me a lot, and are really helpful. When you get accepted take some time to learn about the faculty and who you should be taking classes with. You will find a good amount of the faculty super helpful. Just be careful of a few bad apples so they don't spoil the bunch. I am majoring in Political Science and Jurisprudence, graduating in 2013. I've taken the most of the professors and if you get the chance take a classes with these Professors: Wishnick (especially Chinese/Asian classes), LeClair (law classes), Drake or Segall (mostly law classes), Nyiri (he's new but really good and smart), Harrison (American Politics), Spanakos (political theory classes), Floropoulus (international relations, law), Tayler (really intense but you will learn a lot).

4th Year Male -- Class 2013