StudentsReview ™ :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

This school is absolutely ridiculous

Jul 31 2013Finance
This school is absolutely ridiculous. I was forced into an online class my freshman year because the professor moved to mexico with out letting the school board know it time to find a replacement... On top of that, don't even mention the word alcohol in front of a build director. Me and my friends got sent to court and put on probation for having a pack of mikes hard in the room... unopened.. we were playing twister... we didn't even get a noise complaint.. no one was drunk..

What can I say about a school that

Oct 25 2005Finance
What can I say about a school that literally feels like a public high school? Skip this University from your list. IT IS A PURE WASTE OF TIME. THERE ARE MORE IDIOTS AND MORONS HERE THAN THERE ARE SMART ONES. If you are looking for a good state education, Go to Rutgers Instead. The majority of students here are just PLAIN Stupid and Immature. The faculty is even worst, they try to mask their incompetence by assigning loads of assignments that doesnt help the serious student in the long run. Most annoying of all is the school's policy of only taking Gen Ed. classes until you finish the required courses before taking Actual classes toward your major. and the Business Program is considerably sub-par with RU's Business Program. This is my last semester in BULL SHIT University, I'll be transferring to Rutgers, and if You care about getting an education, I suggest you go to Rutgers University as well. so simply put, students are pretty dumb here, dormitories are just Disgusting, faculty is incompetent,it's basically a very negative atmosphere in MSU. DON'T GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!

Let me tell you something

Oct 05 2005Finance
Let me tell you something... I applied during my senioryear and when i went to the admission consuler i was given this "do not waste my time attitude" by the consuler. Everybody that goes here thinks that this is the best school in the state when it is not. To me the best public university in the state is RUTGERS. when people talk about this school they pretend it is like an ivy league school. About half the student body applied to Rutgers- New Brunswick and did not get in. I am not bad mouthing the school but it is how i feel. Students population is friendly and the faculty seem good to. Also I am not saying I do not like the college, which i do, it has its ups and downs like any other school
1st Year Male -- Class 2008