StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

Try to avoid going to this school.PreMed and Medical
Try to avoid going to this school. I understand for many its close by and affordable but please, its YOUR money and its YOUR time, dont waste either of those by attending montclair state. Ill break my comment down into social life and campus life. Academics are average at best so I dont feel it is worth going into detail as positive or negative.

-Social life: it should be called greek life because that IS the only social life you will find at montclair, going greek costs money and you will be treated very poorly as a 'pledge' for semester. Borderline hazing or in some cases..actual hazing. If you make a choice as an individual human being to NOT 'go greek' watch how easily people will give you the cold shoulder. It will become VERY hard to make friends. It bothers me to my core that people get treated this way in what are supposed to be the best years of your life.

-campus life: the campus scenery is bland and cold. the song 'concrete jungle' by bob marley is the best way to describe montclair. Due to its location (atop a large hill) winters are long and frigid. VERY often buses are not on schedule and most students are left to walk to class in 5 F degree weather. Food is available yet of poor quality, but that just sums up montclair state as a whole; quantity over quality. Many workers are rude and unhelpful so its best to avoid them altogether. Lastly, the student medical center, The medical center is run by "doctors" who dont take students seriously and let them leave without providing proper care. The feel its not their problem and that if you are very sick you will go home anyway so why should they help anyone? Its sickening and I hate everyday here, only one more year until im out, that what i tell myself...Please dont go here.

Overall the school is nice looking and youQuite BrightAccounting
Overall the school is nice looking and you don't feel like just a number. I say its a good school due to the fact that its cheap, nice looking, the professors are pretty good, the food isn't bad. But if i could transfer if it wasn't for how cheap this school is then I would in heartbeat. I don't feel like I'm living any sort of college experience. I see it like a job, I go do what I have to do and leave. I feel like the students are either really quiet or just plain stuck up and arrogant. Not enough diversity. I feel alone and upset when I'am there but what keeps me here is the price and what i came here for which is to get an education. Coming here is a hit or miss either you will enjoy it fully and have a blast like some people do or you will be miserable and see it like a dull job
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F
I've been to New York once for vacation!Super BrilliantVideo/Media
I've been to New York once for vacation! At night when you walk on the seterts, it will smell like trash because that's when people toss out their garbage . And shops there close too early! I think they close around 7PM!! And you're going to have to know your way around NY and if you look like a tourist or a noobie, taxi cab drivers will take advantage of you and rip you off by taking you to your destination THE LONG ROUTE. And be sure to visit Times Square at night because it is AMAZING! And be careful when walking into a huge crowd because you might get pickpocketed. And traffic is CRAZY. When the cross light goes on you better cross the street FAST cause the cabbies will honk the SH%T out of you or might even run you over!! Was this answer helpful?
Starting Job: xf5TyOOx7; Preparedness: F Reputation: F