StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University

I've been to New York once for vacation!

Apr 06 2014Video/Media
I've been to New York once for vacation! At night when you walk on the seterts, it will smell like trash because that's when people toss out their garbage . And shops there close too early! I think they close around 7PM!! And you're going to have to know your way around NY and if you look like a tourist or a noobie, taxi cab drivers will take advantage of you and rip you off by taking you to your destination THE LONG ROUTE. And be sure to visit Times Square at night because it is AMAZING! And be careful when walking into a huge crowd because you might get pickpocketed. And traffic is CRAZY. When the cross light goes on you better cross the street FAST cause the cabbies will honk the SH%T out of you or might even run you over!! Was this answer helpful?
Starting Job: xf5TyOOx7 Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Overall the school is nice looking and you

Apr 27 2014Accounting
Overall the school is nice looking and you don't feel like just a number. I say its a good school due to the fact that its cheap, nice looking, the professors are pretty good, the food isn't bad. But if i could transfer if it wasn't for how cheap this school is then I would in heartbeat. I don't feel like I'm living any sort of college experience. I see it like a job, I go do what I have to do and leave. I feel like the students are either really quiet or just plain stuck up and arrogant. Not enough diversity. I feel alone and upset when I'am there but what keeps me here is the price and what i came here for which is to get an education. Coming here is a hit or miss either you will enjoy it fully and have a blast like some people do or you will be miserable and see it like a dull job
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F

Although there are some positives to Montclair it

May 20 2013Education
Although there are some positives to Montclair it is mostly negative. Parking is ridiculous. I commute to school two days a week and on one of the two days I commute I have to park in Red Hawk because Car Parc is full to the brim. I go to class for two and a half hours and have to pay six dollars for parking at Red Hawk, while I all ready paid my commuter parking fee for Car Parc, and will literally have to run to Red Hawk to get my car, move it to Car Parc and then run up that god forsaken hill to get to my next class. Whoever decided to build the student parking deck on the bottom of a hill is obviously a genius. The campus is constantly under construction so its always an eye sore. Plus it creates problems when walking to class because you're constantly having to go around construction. Some of the buildings are really nice on campus while others are falling apart.

Most of the faculty is unhelpful. When I fist came to orientation this woman was assisting me with creating my schedule and I told her I would 110 % not be able to commute to class everyday because I live almost an hour away and work full time so I wanted to take as many classes in a day as possible. I guess she just didn't care and she made this screwed up schedule for me where I had class monday - friday. Because I was a freshman they wouldn't allow me to change my schedule myself and I had to go to campus just to change my schedule. So far though most of my teachers have been pretty cool except for a select few here and there.

Many of the students there are rude and unsociable. I've talked to some on campus students and they absolutely hate it because theres nothing to do. I take a few education classes and we had this debate with students with learning disabilities being put in slower classes and a decent amount of students in my class said they were in special ed when they were younger. I almost died on the spot. You were in special ed yet you want to become a teacher? I always head pretty good things about Montclair but they need to really clean up the place and stop letting in every student that applies. They reward themselves for being one of the best colleges offering teaching certificates yet half their students are basically retarded.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015