StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

I DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL!!! I honestlyNot so brightSocial Work
I DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL!!! I honestly regret making this my first choice! I transferred here for Spring se I had no guidance of what I was getting myself into and I was thrown to the wolves... I wasn't welcomed by my advisor. They made me make my schedule in my own I didn't even know what I was doing. The faculty in admission, registration, and residents life are EXTREMELY RUDE!!! The campus is way too huge and it's really difficult to get involved here you basically have to be desperate to meet new people and it shouldn't be that hard. I'm transferring out because I just overall dread being here super unhappy here and This isn't the school for me. I should have done a lot more research on this school.
Preparedness: Reputation:
If Montclair State is on your college list,BrightEducation
If Montclair State is on your college list, cross it out ASAP!! This campus is completely unorganized! You will constantly have different advisors, who don't even help you. Instead they direct you to someone, and then that person will direct you to someone else and so on. It's honestly a joke.You are not looked at as a student or individual, but instead as a dollar sign. Advisors and administrators have the worst attitudes and make you feel like you're a bother. This campus spends their money on making new buildings when that's the least of their priorities. They literally have a science building and a math building, but they just had to build a building right next to both of them and make it the Math and Science building. Seriously? If you are planning to commute, make sure you have a crappy car and leave super early. Your car will 100% be hit by someone (multiple times), whether your car is parked or they're flying around the bend. Moving on to campus life, THERE IS NONE! This campus is completely dead at nights and on weekends as this is basically a commuter school. There are a bunch of weirdos who go to this school too. I have seen the weirdest people and things on this campus, it's unreal. Students are very unapproachable and snobby. People complain that they want to make friends, but they're all weird and jerks and no one seems to make an effort. I originally wanted to join a national sorority, but after meeting all of the sisters, no thank you. Tri Sig has some of the weirdest girls in it. Phi Sig is boring and has some weird girls in it too. Sigma Delta Tau seems nice, but the girls are so bitchy and fake. I have a class with two girls in SDT and they're so annoying!!! Same goes for Delta Phi Epsilon. The girls are pretty, but omg they're the most fake girls i've ever met! They all think they're way better than you; not cute. Professors on this campus are jokes too. Work is a high school level. I haven't learned much in the three years I have attended so far. Honestly, this campus would be a waste of you time and money. I HIGHLY recommend you to not even bother.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: B, Faculty Accessibility: F
Quite BrightAnthropology
There's so much racism spread about in this school. If you're not Latin, Black, or White, you're seen as a lesser being.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018