StudentsReview :: Montclair State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
William Paterson University of New Jersey -- Wayne, NJ

Montclair State University is really an amazing school

Nov 09 2014Undecided
Montclair State University is really an amazing school. It is growing quickly which means it is getting better each year. Many commuter students (of which there are a lot) will complain about parking and it is true that parking can be difficult, but as a resident, I love the school. The campus grounds and buildings are beautiful and well-maintained. The school offers a wide variety of majors to choose from and degrees in many majors from here are well-respected. With over 20,000 students, there is always someone new to meet and something to do. I love MSU and Red Hawk Country!
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

I enjoyed being a student at MSU and

Apr 03 2014Geography and Geosciences
I enjoyed being a student at MSU and I have nothing but fond memories. After having lived in a concrete jungle most of my life, it was refreshing to see trees, clean streets, and picturesque buildings. Tuition was reasonable and the student to teacher ratio was low. As a freshman, I was timid but by the time I graduated, I had more confidence and made many friends. As for the academics, I was fortunate to have attentive professors and awesome classmates that were not only sincere but fun too! It is unfortunate to read many negative comments. MSU was my home for many years and has a special place in my heart.
Starting Job: Microbiologist Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B-

Montclair helped me get to where I am

Oct 27 2014Video/Media
Montclair helped me get to where I am today. I see a lot of people complaining on here but let me to you, MSU media program taught me a ton. In all my internships at top media outlets in NYC I soared above any Syracuse, Columbia and NYU student.

And although the night life and social life can be lame. It's not always the case. Make some friend and go out. For those comparing there's no social activities, you must be sitting in your room waiting for someone to invite you out.

But with any school, look at the program you want and make sure the school is good/ great in that program. Don't say the school is bad because you came for fashion or business (justnexamples) and it didn't meet your stands. Just saying.Any school is what you make it and I made Montclair soooo much fun.

4th Year Female -- Class 2012