StudentsReview :: Rowan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
College of New Jersey, The -- Trenton, NJ
Monmouth University -- West Long Branch, NJ

Rowan University

There's been a large increase in crime recentlyQuite BrightEngineering Department
There's been a large increase in crime recently without that many counter measures created to help. This is probably due to Rowan being more interested in bringing in large quantity of students, without caring for the quality of the students. Get enough people around with low values, or bad ethics and things happen. It seems Rowan is more interested in its paycheck then students' concerns.

While admissions will tell you Rowan isn't a party campus, it's all a big joke. The off campus life has a party every weekend (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) and sometimes multiple in a night. Half of these end up in drunken fights, and cups everywhere in the morning. I would recommend coming here if you want to be a commuter, but due to the increase in enrollment the parking situation is horrible.I have been here for 4 years at this point, and the quality of campus life has gone down every single year since admission. I would recommend people that are thinking of joining the University to work as hard as you can to change the image to a more positive outlook. Because given a few more years at the rate it's going, Rowan is going to end up one of the largest party schools in New Jersey.

4th Year Male -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A, Social Life: D+
I transferred to rowan after getting my associatesAverageSociology
I transferred to rowan after getting my associates at a NJ community college. The transfer process was simple considering I have my degree and they accepted all credits accept 3. I have had no personal issues with brusar or housing, however i know many students who have. One thing I do not like about the university is how the school spends money on STEM and Business majors/buildings, and athletics but only the "important" athletic teams. They do not spend money on renovating the older dorms/apartment buildings and do not even have proper security either. Triad for example has no external or internal cameras and the doors were broken for most of this year so anyone could come in. My bike (which had a lock) was stolen the first week. Overall the university is decent but i could not see myself being here for 4 years which is why i am glad i am a transfer student. Parking is HORRIBLE if you commute. And parking passes are ridiculously expensive. Party life is good. If you like to party, youll fine somewhere to be. If you like to stay in, youll find friends to hang with. One thing i like about Rowan is there is something for everyone here. But the price tag of the school is not worth the quality of the degree. The sociology department has probably, 4 high quality professors and the rest are mediocre at best. Some of the classes fill up to quickly because there are not enough professors to teach and seniors are stuck here an extra semester just for 3 credits which is ridiculous. To me, the coursework overall is easy. Definitely time consuming. but it was average to easy work i put in.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A, Individual Value: F
I was so excited to go to RowanAverageNutrition
I was so excited to go to Rowan this past summer, I am from North Jersey and I was excited to leave home but not the state. When I got to Rowan, I had horrible experiences one after another, that is no coincidence. Horrible RA's horrible security, horrible programs. It is a dangerous area with no security, I was robbed and even my RA was robbed. I was only at Rowan for one semester but it was traumatic. The classes are extremely easy, easier than my high school classes. I got straight A's and I was not an A student in high school. A few of my friends were beaten up and the police did not do much about it. My roommate was a crack addict who would have boys in and out of the room constantly, one day boys were even asleep in my bed. The RA's did not do anything to accommodate me. This school is horrible, the bathrooms are disgusting and the people are trashy. Do not go here. The parties suck too. Everything about this school is bad, it is not a school for people who want to be successful in life.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920