StudentsReview :: Rowan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ
College of New Jersey, The -- Trenton, NJ
Monmouth University -- West Long Branch, NJ

Rowan University

I transferred to rowan after getting my associatesAverageSociology
I transferred to rowan after getting my associates at a NJ community college. The transfer process was simple considering I have my degree and they accepted all credits accept 3. I have had no personal issues with brusar or housing, however i know many students who have. One thing I do not like about the university is how the school spends money on STEM and Business majors/buildings, and athletics but only the "important" athletic teams. They do not spend money on renovating the older dorms/apartment buildings and do not even have proper security either. Triad for example has no external or internal cameras and the doors were broken for most of this year so anyone could come in. My bike (which had a lock) was stolen the first week. Overall the university is decent but i could not see myself being here for 4 years which is why i am glad i am a transfer student. Parking is HORRIBLE if you commute. And parking passes are ridiculously expensive. Party life is good. If you like to party, youll fine somewhere to be. If you like to stay in, youll find friends to hang with. One thing i like about Rowan is there is something for everyone here. But the price tag of the school is not worth the quality of the degree. The sociology department has probably, 4 high quality professors and the rest are mediocre at best. Some of the classes fill up to quickly because there are not enough professors to teach and seniors are stuck here an extra semester just for 3 credits which is ridiculous. To me, the coursework overall is easy. Definitely time consuming. but it was average to easy work i put in.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A, Individual Value: F
I was so excited to go to RowanAverageNutrition
I was so excited to go to Rowan this past summer, I am from North Jersey and I was excited to leave home but not the state. When I got to Rowan, I had horrible experiences one after another, that is no coincidence. Horrible RA's horrible security, horrible programs. It is a dangerous area with no security, I was robbed and even my RA was robbed. I was only at Rowan for one semester but it was traumatic. The classes are extremely easy, easier than my high school classes. I got straight A's and I was not an A student in high school. A few of my friends were beaten up and the police did not do much about it. My roommate was a crack addict who would have boys in and out of the room constantly, one day boys were even asleep in my bed. The RA's did not do anything to accommodate me. This school is horrible, the bathrooms are disgusting and the people are trashy. Do not go here. The parties suck too. Everything about this school is bad, it is not a school for people who want to be successful in life.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920
Friendliness: D-, Education Quality: F
I've had the weirdest two years at Rowan.Quite BrightJournalism
I've had the weirdest two years at Rowan. I thought I would meet fun and interesting people while advancing my education but I've had the opposite experience here. People here are arrogant and moody. The school facilities are poorly kept. All the food places on campus close really early. On top of that, the food sucks. The campus facilities also close super early on the weekend for a weird reason. The campus is not that safe. My on-campus apartment was robbed during spring break and campus security isn't taking this matter seriously, especially after we gave them some evidence that can help them with the case. Not only was my apartment robbed but every apartment in that apartment building was robbed as well. The social life here is terrible, there is nothing exciting to do during the weekend but drink and party. Glassboro, is a small boring town unless you have a car. During the winter, it feels like you're in Siberia. The classes at Rowan are easier than my high school classes. I haven't learned anything here. Don't go here unless you happen to live near Glassboro and you don't want to leave your family. I can't wait to transfer.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2018