StudentsReview ™ :: Sussex County Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Sussex County Community College

I attended SCCC for two years, It was

Jul 29 2013Unknown
I attended SCCC for two years, It was the worst thing I could have ever done in my quest for a degree. Where should I begin, how about with how every professor I had except two (NO LIE) would tell the students that they didn't get paid enough to teach us so if we followed the book and passed the tests we would pass the course! Needless to say with out the professor teaching I failed many times. The school did not do anything for me except put me on probation I took it upon my self to see the guidance department in attempt to salvage my college experience. Before I continue let me just say the following is not in any way a lie, played up, ect. This really happened. She called me in and asked me why I wanted to stay in school, I told her I know I didn't do well but I don't want to give up I just need help. Her reply to this was what my job now was, I said I was currently a bell hop at a hotel in Morristown. Now brace yourself her answer was now see you don't need a degree for that!!! I dropped my jaw and said ya I also don't want to be a bell hop for the rest of my life!!!! She apologized but by this point I was so fed up with the B.S that SCCC is I walked out. There staff is so beyond rude I have never been in there without having an employee snarl or talk down to me. So I can honestly say SCCC should be condemned for its horrific staff and ignorance. Also I decided to attend County College of Morris, I have been there for one and a half semesters and currently hold a 4.0!!

This is a good starter school

Jan 10 2013Art & Design Department
This is a good starter school. I went here and got my associates in fine arts with a concentration in photography. The problem I had was that the program was new and very small, so they kept canceling classes due to low enrollment. Except they were classes I needed to graduate. I ended up doing an independent study and taking a journalism photography course and a digital photography course that was a little bit of a joke with people not even bowing how to use their cameras because it was not a class for a photography major. I do not use my degree because I don't have any confidence in my abilities, I never even learned a single thing about lighting which is the most important aspect of photography. Other than the problems with my degree program, the school was very nice. The buildings are nice, the teachers are very nice and if you don't mind feeling a little bit like you are still in high school, I recommend this school as a jumping off point before moving on to a 4 year school.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2007
Faculty Accessibility: A, Useful Schoolwork: C-

SCCC is a good place to go to

Nov 24 2012Undecided
SCCC is a good place to go to get your basic and core courses done for a four year college and/or to get an associate's degree in a field like English, criminal justice, art, biology, etc. It is cheaper going here versus starting at a four year school while still not knowing what to major in. Community college in general is like a four year school only cheaper. Regardless of where you go, there will be good and bad professors. In terms of social life, your best bet is to join a club and there is plenty to choose from.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012