StudentsReview :: Seton Hall University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 10
Females 8
Males 2
Avg years at University 1.7
Research Quality C+ (5.0)
Research Availability B- (6.4)
Research Funding C (4.6)
Graduate Politics B (6.8)
Not Errand Runners B (7.0)
Degree Completion B- (6.3)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] C+ (5.4)
Sufficient Pay C- (3.6)
Competitiveness B- (6.2)
Education Quality C (4.7)
Faculty Accessibility C (4.9)
Useful Research C (4.7)
"Individual" treatment C (4.6)
Friendliness C+ (5.2)
Safety C- (3.8)
Campus Beauty A- (8.3)
Campus Maintenance B+ (7.3)
University Spending B- (5.8)
Extracurriculars B (6.6)
Scholastic Success C- (3.5)
Surrounding City D+ (3.1)
Social Life/ Environment C+ (5.6)
Surrounding CityD+
Campus BeautyA-
I made the worse decision of my lifeApr 09 2015Other
I made the worse decision of my life by attending this school. Tuition was ridiculously expensive. It is comparable to out of state tuition for other graduate occupational therapy programs. The moment I stepped in this school, I disliked it immediately. The secretary gave me an attitude for financial aid, parking is extremely scarce and the officers will not hesitate to give out tickets despite your plea for whatever reason. The school is small, unimpressive, and literally a couple of miles away from the "ghetto". There is absolutely no reason for students to pay this amount of money for a mere "private catholic" education, this holds for undergraduate and graduate students alike. The occupational therapy department and faculty is unorganized, apathetic, and not willing to help struggling students. You are forced to conform or face failing a class or being dismissed. Also, this mediocre program is 3 years long, compared to most other occupational therapy schools which are 2 -2 1/2 years long. Essentially, they are taking more money from you by making you take courses you should have already taken as a undergraduate. It is only in the second year of the program that you actually learn about occupational therapy. If you are interested in this school or program, do yourself a favor and leave and find a better school. It is simply not worth all the debt and money you will spend just to attend a school/program that is mediocre and whose purpose is to just take your money without caring about the consequences that will happen to you.
Please beware of this school before attendingJan 02 2015Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
Please beware of this school before attending. In fact, do not even waste your time applying!!! I do not know why the faculty here think so highly of themselves. The professors are prehistoric, unrelatable and self absorbed. It is as if they do not remember the struggles of being a college student, or perhaps they took took long to make something out of themselves that they do not believe in giving anyone else a chance. A quick Google search of these arrogant hags yield unimpressive results. If you get along with unscrupulous, money driven indivisible, this is the school for you. Save your time, money and dignity. Attending this "university" was the worse decision of my life.
This is a very good school, but itApr 07 2014English
This is a very good school, but it is costly. I've been to other private universities, community college and state schools. This is a very, very good private university. However, you get what you pay for. It is expensive to attend and incoming students should be aware of that. However, I don't think it's overpriced for what you are getting. I think it is priced accordingly.

My Masters Program is challenging and relevant to my career. I know that this school will not only look great on my resume, but it's providing me with valuable knowledge and training for my field. In addition, there is a great resource in the career center. Internships and job placement is essential and I'm looking forward to utilizing those resources.

Downside to attending Seton Hall, aside from the financial aspects (which is in line with the cost of private universities) is the student body. As far as my Grad program is concerned, I feel like I'm not going to school to make friends but to excel in my chosen field. This is a competitive Master's program and we all want to be the first person in our field to breakout brand new, original thoughts in literature. However, the student body, NOT the faculty, is extremely snooty. These people are very full of themselves and are very condescending. It is really almost comical.

My interactions with the faculty and staff have been positive through and through. The Administrative assistance I have received from ID, parking and Financial Aid offices has been courteous, kind and respectful. I was treated humanly and kindly and like a person, which is not what happens with Administrative Staff in State schools. As for my professors, I have found them to be demanding (challenging) but not egotistical or abrasive. My encounters with Professors have been extremely positive and that is what makes me choose Seton Hall over and over again.

Night Life: To just touch briefly on this. Seton Hall is not in a good area. Newark is brushing against it's shoulder and the oranges are not a good area, despite its proximity to Newark. I get alerts from Public Safety every day about "incidents". To be frank, this is any different from the crimes which occur at Rutgers, whose campus' are located in bad areas as well, including Newark. My friend from Rutgers New Brunswick had her apartment broken into 6 or 7 times in one year at Rutgers NB. Camden and Newark are both far worse than that. Seton Hall campus itself is safe, but if you go off campus be prepared for high crime rate and impoverished areas. I don't even like driving through it at night on my way home, I would never go to a Frat party or walk around at 2am looking for a frozen burrito. Good school, immensely helpful in aiding students in reaching potential. Dangerous surrounding area. Snobby student body. IT truly depends on what time of experience you want.

This school has negatively impacted my lifeSep 07 2013Architecture
This school has negatively impacted my life. I had such a hard time getting a job after this school, places I have applied too have looked at me like I was a joke. Seton Hall was four years of hell, I am am super happy I am done with that place. the only good part about the school was that I got to escape on the weekends, other then that everything sucked, the food, the professors, administration. The school give away free garbage all the time, like during my orientation they were handing out stupid candy bars. Why not lower the price and not give out crap. My dorm sucked it was like a prison cell, cold walls, and a lacking air conditioner, my televsion didn't work, the cable and outlets are in the worst possible places. the arrangement of everything in the rooms are horrible and they are anal about fire safety. It is such a horrible place to go to school unless you like to play Frisbee with monks, eat pet food, and suck your professors balls.
I applied for the MS in Tax program,Aug 01 2011Accounting
I applied for the MS in Tax program, which lost it's accreditation shortly after my acceptance. To put it simply, the degree is worth nothing now, yet, the tuition and fees have been growing like everyone else's. I had two classes by Shapiro, who was so old, I was surprised he's even mobile. All he talked was about his 2 sons, and upcoming shoulder surgery. Next, were a bunch of online classes - useless. Last, one of their law school graduates taught about 4 - 5 different classes pro bono. Take a guess what the classes were like? I learned virtually nothing, yet paid a ton out my pocket (my job doesn't pay for school). The university's staff is rude and condescending, caring only about the money. I can go on and on about every incident from parking, registrar, and to number of emails left unanswered by the chair... I am just completely and utterly disgusted with the whole experience there.
This schools swindles students by taking their moneyDec 07 2010Unknown
This schools swindles students by taking their money and providing practically no education. They clearly discriminate against minority students who they percieve to "have it too good." I have gotten everywhere in my life based on my hard work and determination. The graduate speech patholgy faculty at Seton Hall hated this and discouraged networking among industry leaders, outside learing opportunities for graduate students and students maintaing a livelyhood. Their program also puts students health at risk. One student contracted ringworm at one of the field sites. Their speech pathology placements are ridiculous since the site educators have no experience and look to the students to teach them. I would rather go to Columbia where the school has a much better reputation than this ridiculous school.
Whereas most competing schools of International Relations ofMar 30 2009Other
Whereas most competing schools of International Relations offer comprehensive career planning and placement, The Whitehead school at Seton Hall fails to sufficiently help graduate students with their careers. The director of career services essentially "phones in" her job.

While the classroom instruction I received was outstanding, I've yet to find employment that uses the skills I learned at the Whitehead School. It seems that Seton Hall admits virtually anyone to the graduate program. I remember being in first year classes with people who had no background in International Relations. The result is that my degree doesn't have much value. There simply aren't enough jobs in this field for every graduate; even before the recession, there was no real market for most Whitehead students.

University services are simply terrible, particularly financial aid and "enrollment services". I took on surplus student loans to cover part of my living expenses while in graduate school. I would routinely receive my refund checks just before the end of the semester. My undergraduate university was far superior in this regard. I would be hard-pressed to recommend Seton Hall or its Whitehead School of Diplomacy to anyone.

I made the rightDec 19 2007Other
I made the right decision in coming to Seton Hall for grad school. The program that I am in is on the rise in reputation and in many ways it beats the quality of education given at Ivies and the traditional. On the other hand, you definitely have to work for your grades!
so glad im out of this prison,terrible schoolNov 29 2007Unknown
so glad im out of this prison,terrible school teachers dont care about you.campus is depressing,students are very unfriendly and stuck up.grad school is not even an option.public safety only drives around because their bored.surrounding areas is a battle field!would not recommend this school to anyone!
Compare SHUSave SHU