StudentsReview :: The University of Nevada Las Vegas - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Nevada Las Vegas

Dec 12 2014Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I WOULD NOT recommend this school! The staff and advising is aweful. You are penalized for their mistakes and it costs you money. I hate that all this university wants is your money. They do not understand that you do not treat your students right you will not attract them. My graduation has been postponed 5 months because there is no communication between the registrar and the advising center.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Nov 10 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Good luck if you are a transfer student. You have to go through quite the rigamarole to be allowed into classes!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A, University Resource Use: D
Sep 11 2014Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am about to graduate in at the end of this Fall semester (finished classes this past summer) and now looking back, I was very satisfied with my education here. For the price, people really need to stop talking so poorly about UNLV. It is quite obvious that the comments/reviews I've read here are based off of novice students at 100/200 level courses.

The diversity is amazing. Social life/events/the city- better not complain. I think UNLV takes great pride in all the things you can do here, extracurricular, etc. There are also several religious groups, activist groups, and social justice groups on campus as well- very philanthropic when you look beyond the young frats/sororities and the "Vegas" vibe.

My department was extremely... AMAZING when you hit the 300/400 level classes and graduate school. I think I can speak for other majors, it get's VERY competitive once you pass your gen eds! The faculty they get are from all kinds of places, very educated. Don't be surprised that the lower level courses have lower level kind of teaching. Get passed that and you'll see.

I wish I really participated more in UNLV's events. It's an awesome school that tries to have something for everyone.

My department rocked, department chair (retired) was such an amazing person and there are several favorites that I have that I know genuinely care for the education of their students, not their paycheck. There are many ways to succeed with the Academic Success Center, the FREE tutoring, ever-vivacious Student Union.UNLV is a high quality school and if you're paying in-state tuition, you better take advantage of it. I see I a lot of laziness as I go around campus and reflect these days. It's sad. Kids/new students do not realize what they've got.

5th Year Female -- Class 2014