StudentsReview :: The Metropolitan College of New York - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

The Metropolitan College of New York

Total Grad Surveys 11
Females 8
Males 3
Avg years at University 0.9
Research Quality B+ (7.6)
Research Availability B+ (7.8)
Research Funding B (6.9)
Graduate Politics B+ (7.9)
Not Errand Runners B (6.8)
Degree Completion A- (8.5)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] C (4.9)
Sufficient Pay C+ (5.2)
Competitiveness B (7.3)
Education Quality B (6.6)
Faculty Accessibility B- (6.3)
Useful Research B+ (7.4)
"Individual" treatment B+ (7.8)
Friendliness B+ (7.7)
Safety A (9.4)
Campus Beauty B+ (7.3)
Campus Maintenance A (8.9)
University Spending B+ (7.6)
Extracurriculars B- (6.1)
Scholastic Success A- (8.1)
Surrounding City A+ (9.8)
Social Life/ Environment B (7.2)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi]C
Surrounding CityA+
I am currently enrolled in the MBA ManagementMay 19 2015Business - Management and Administration
I am currently enrolled in the MBA Management program. As a former Navy veteran and an alumni from a reputable college, I can truly say that the MBA at MCNY is a joke. Most classes utilize books and concepts used during my sophomore and junior years. The staff is rude and unprofessional, ghetto is the correct terminology. The university itself is beautiful, professors are knowledgeable, but honestly they understand the caliber of students at MCNY couldn't handle a true MBA curriculum so they have adjusted. I don't blame them, come on, an MBA program without the GMAT requirement allows students who shouldn't be there to enroll. I have met a few outstanding colleagues, but for the most part, do yourself a favor and run. I recently attempted to withdraw from a class during the second week of a new semester. The request was denied, my working schedule conflict ignored, and charged the $2500.00 for the class regardless of the situation since " I past the add/drop date by two days". This college is full of ignorant, greedy, personnel. Don't get me wrong, there are some good people here and there, but for the most part, its the hood. I am halfway into the program and have taken the GMAT to attend a decent college. I figured I owe it to myself since the MBA at MCNY is as valuable as a crayola box. Hope this helps, especially to my fellow veterans. Best Wishes, Jairo Medina
Jan 15 2012Finance
I would definitely go back to this University again.
Do not take outDec 13 2011Other
Do not take out any CITI ASSIST LOANS if possible and do not allow the financial aid department to tell you that this is your only other option.
Nov 23 2011Business - Management and Administration
Excellent program, very useful, quality education.
truly this school is a fly by nightJun 03 2011Business - Management and Administration
truly this school is a fly by night cover up I a can't believe it the turn over rate for the finacial adi department 3 financial directors in 21/2 years never the same professors or books the staf ios straight up ghetooooo as hell no way baby run the school won fo rbest marketing that is tru tyher ads grab you a MBA in one year wowo travel over sea wowo no run take the gmat and go t to a better school they are rank 4th tier.
Research Topic(s): none
Dec 11 2010Unknown
If you want to get a real picture on what MCNY is do not listen to anyone on this site but go straigh to the school and get your own opinion about it. Personally I had a great pleasure doing my MPA program at MCNY. The school and the program have greately surpassed my expectations! It provides its students with a unique program which teachs how to make real changes in practice. It was very challenging to study there as well as productive. most of the teacher were highly qualified and the staff was always friendly and helpful. I love MCNY and would go there again if I did not have my Master's degree. I have advised a few of my friends to go to MCNY and get their own opinion about the school and programs it offers. Guess what? They have selected it. In short, I am truly proud of being MCNY alumni.
This is absolutely the WORST school anyone couldAug 18 2010Education
This is absolutely the WORST school anyone could possibly attend. The administration is making money hands over fists; however, let's hope you don't expect to ever use the school library. The few books that they actual have are outdated. The computers they have are old and there are many times when you will not be able to use one because there aren't enough. If you want to study late, go home. The library has terrible lighting and will either strain your eyes or put you to sleep. If you ask a question to the Bursar, Registrar or a Counselor, get ready to be spoken to like you're an idiot. Unfortunately, while they're speaking to you like you're dumb, they themselves will not actually know the answer to your questions. Student lounge? A room with linoleum flooring, two vending machines, a microwave oven and tables and chairs. Your diploma? Well, you may not want to frame it. They look completely unprofessional and the grammar used is questionable. The best thing is, the school is far from cheap. You will be paying for your sorry, unusable college degree for the rest of your life.
I thought I'd hit a career wall untilMay 30 2010Business - Management and Administration
I thought I'd hit a career wall until I decided to enroll in MCNY's MBA in Media Management program, The experience was amazing! I learned from industry professionals like a former VP of Finance at NBC, Quincy Jones' daughter who happens to an Entertainment Lawyer,former heads of major journalism publications. Then to top if off, the trip to the Cannes Film Festival! I began networking on my first day of class, as I was happy to be surrounded with such a diverse group of students.

Education is what you make of it. I was so pumped about my MBA experiece it easil translated when applied for promotions at my job. Now two promtions later, I must say i'm very satisfied with my MCNY MBA in Media Management experience.

Thank you MCNY!
Ms. D

I am doing my Masters in Media ManagementMay 28 2010Business - Management and Administration
I am doing my Masters in Media Management and I am very disappointed with the school. The school employees do not help with anything. I had a computer course and was told that we had no paper to print the work needed to print. The software needed for the course was not updated causing my class progression to be puched back. The finanical aid office knows nothing about finanical aid or where to turn for help. Horrible school and if i could transfer I would
Feb 25 2009Video/Media
The 1 year media program was very challenging, but there are good resources to help you through.
Save your money go some where elseFeb 03 2009Education
Save your money go some where else. The only benefactor to this education program is that you are finished with your masters in only one year. There are a few professors in the program who are truly knowledgeable about the education system and the material they teach. The department head doesn't know much about the department of education requirements and there has been a mass confusion among my cohort with this. In addition to a mass confusion in many of our class assignments due to unclear expectations and lack of clear concise explanations. Save your money and frustrations unless you want to get your masters in less than a year. I apologize in advance for being brutally honest.
Research Topic(s): Constructive Action
Jan 11 2009Other
Great MPA program. Can be completed in one year!
Research Topic(s): Constructive Action (not yet completed)
I am pleased withDec 18 2008Education
I am pleased with the eduction I am receiving at MCNY.The location is great! The staff is friendly and helpful. The students are bright.
Thus far my experience at MCNY has beenJun 15 2008Public Health
Thus far my experience at MCNY has been very positive. The MPA program is very applicable to my professional career. Overall, the professors are knowledgeable and willing to work with students to ensure their success.

The best part of the MPA program is that it is an executive schedule which allows it's students to earn their MPA in one year while still working full time. The program is intense but well worth the reward. I would reccommend MCNY to other professionals looking to obtain their MPA.

Thus far my experiences at MCNY have beenJun 15 2008Public Health
Thus far my experiences at MCNY have been very positive. The structure of the Master's in Public Administration (MPA) program is terrific. The class schedule allows for students to work full time and go to school in the evening. The biggest advantage is that the program is only a year long. It is an intense year but well worth the effort. I highly recommend MCNY to other people in my field. It's not perfect but you could definitely do a lot worse.
I am very pleased with the MCNY experienceMay 19 2006Public Policy
I am very pleased with the MCNY experience... I believe I made an Excellent choice. There MPA program is excellent and if given the chance, I would choose this program again. It is very intensive and it requires an enormous commitment. The program is challeging, because it reqiures full time study and a 1000% commitment. I highly reccommed MCNY's Graduate program. I believe that it is well worth the investment. In addition, I believe that MCNY's Graduate program will grow to be one the top rated programs in New York city. I highly reccomend MCNY to Graduate students!
Research Topic(s): Improving Service qualtiy, delievery and constistency in Non-Profit/Pu

Bethany Lutheran College (MN) 1:positive 1:advice