StudentsReview :: The Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Bryant & Stratton Business Institute (Buffalo) -- Buffalo, NY
State University of New York/Binghamton -- Binghamton, NY
State University of New York/College Stony Brook -- Stony Brook, NY

The Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

Total Grad Surveys 14
Females 11
Males 3
Avg years at University 3.2
Research Quality A- (8.4)
Research Availability A- (8.1)
Research Funding B- (6.1)
Graduate Politics A- (8.6)
Not Errand Runners A- (8.5)
Degree Completion A- (8.6)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] B (6.8)
Sufficient Pay B (6.6)
Competitiveness A (9.1)
Education Quality B+ (7.5)
Faculty Accessibility A- (8.3)
Useful Research A (9.1)
"Individual" treatment A- (8.4)
Friendliness A (9.1)
Safety A (9.5)
Campus Beauty A (9.2)
Campus Maintenance A (9.1)
University Spending B (7.1)
Extracurriculars B (6.6)
Scholastic Success C+ (5.6)
Surrounding City C+ (5.5)
Social Life/ Environment B (6.6)
Surrounding CityC+
Feb 08 2018Pharmacy
This is a great school and everyone was very welcoming!
Overall, this school is what you make itJan 22 2018Other
Overall, this school is what you make it to be. There are opportunities to take advantage of and if you can be as involved as you want. The campus is great and the surrounding city is really enjoyable. Like any place, different people feel differently. Some teachers are better than others but overall it's really a place that has been worth my time.
ACPHS was a great choice to complete schoolingJan 18 2018Pharmacy
ACPHS was a great choice to complete schooling for my PharmD. I chose the 0-6 year program straight out of high school which I highly recommend if you know from the start that pharmacy is what you want to do. The staff and students are very helpful and friendly. Additionally, Albany is a beautiful place and there are a lot of things to do here on campus. It is also very possible to play a collegiate sport and participate in extracurricular activities while still doing well in school.
ACPHS is either hit or miss depending onJan 17 2018Pharmacy
ACPHS is either hit or miss depending on your interests and what kind of student you are. The school focuses on the health sciences and health care, so the student body is all in the similar mindset. The student body is also very small when compared to other schools. However, this allows for you to be face, rather than a number, while in class/lab. I prefer the small class sizes because it is much easier to form relationships with professors. I find most of the professors at ACP very approachable and are always happy to help. Unfortunately, some changes in administration are leading to some of my favorite and best professors to retire/leave. Academically, the workload is hefty, especially in the P1 year, but I can still manage decent grades and have a social life. Due too ACP's close knit community and the way the courses work, I feel that transfers are put at a disadvantage. I prefer living off campus over the two years that I spent living on campus. There isn't much for night life or going out on campus so you don't get much of the typical college experience that freshmen dream of. However, the city of Albany has alot to offer and is very fun. Overall, if you are set on pharmacy or set on something in healthcare then ACP is the place to be. If you are unsure about exactly what you want to do or are looking for a typical college experience then you may want to have some other schools in mind.
ACPHS is a small campus centered in AlbanyDec 03 2017Pharmacy
ACPHS is a small campus centered in Albany. There are plenty of things to do whether or not you're on campus or not.

There are small class sizes and students will be on the same schedule for the most part. They will work together and also play together. On campus there are a variety of clubs and activities to participate in -- there is never really a dull moment here. The professors are pretty much always available and are willing to help. It is recommended that you stop by their offices and really get to know them (something I wish I could've done more).

The course load is challenging, but feasible if you manage your time. This is expected for a pharmacy school though.Overall, my experience at ACPHS has been a positive one and I strongly recommend it, especially if you're interested in pursuing pharmacy.

I love the smallNov 06 2017Pharmacy
I love the small campus environment and that everyone has each other's backs. It's the small campus that is able to provide a comradery that is normally hard to find at other universities. The faculty notice if you're putting in an effort and they want to see you succeed.
Research Topic(s): Medicinal Chemistry
I am currently a junior at ACPHS andOct 16 2017Pharmacy
I am currently a junior at ACPHS and have had an amazing few years here at the college. I am enrolled in the PharmD program and am currently in my P1 year. I love the school because the attention you get from professors because of the smaller class size is extremely helpful and has completely altered my learning experience. Professors at the college are proactive in helping their students when you seek help. It's also so easy to get involved on campus and find things to do outside of the classroom. Everyone is there to help one another and there are wide array of resources on campus to help any individual that is struggling or needs extra guidance. I'm really excited for my next four years with ACPHS and for the location, program and campus this school was perfect for me.
You definitely have to understand what you areOct 09 2017Pharmacy
You definitely have to understand what you are getting yourself into when you come to ACPHS. It is not going to be an easy walk in the park, you have to keep your priorities straight and work hard. Overall, the faculty wants you to succeed they are not there to fail you or "weed people out" like everyone always says. The professors like when students come to see them with questions because it shows that you care. The students who don't make it because of grades usually don't study as much as they should and get caught up in something other than school. So if you know that this is what you want to do and you are willing to work hard towards your goal, this school is a great school to go to.
Hi! I am a third year PharmSep 28 2017Pharmacy
Hi! I am a third year Pharm. D at ACPHS. The workload here is won't be partying 3 times a week like at other colleges. It's challenging but achievable. Like many schools, some professors are difficult to understand, but I have enjoyed learning from about 75% of the professors here. The atmosphere can be a little bit depressing since most students are overwhelmed thinking about what they have to do for the day, but we get through it together. Living in Albany is nice, as there are restaurants within walking distance, and anything you could need is within driving distance.
ACP can be tough, but you have toNov 18 2010Pharmacy
ACP can be tough, but you have to keep in mind that it is a pharmacy school. If you are not bright enough, you will have difficult time adjusting to such competitive enviroment. BUT I mean really, suck it up. Honestly, I don't think the program is that bad. I am a 4th year, and managed to be on the Dean's list every semester..and I don't even go to lectures that often. (Instead I pull an all-nighter). Most of the students pass, and you will do the same if you stay on top of everything.
Apr 15 2002Pharmacy