StudentsReview :: Adelphi University - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Adelphi University

If you are a pre-med/dental/opt student, do notBrightBiology
If you are a pre-med/dental/opt student, do not rely on the pre-professional advisement or career office. I really felt that they could have been more useful in terms of providing information about opportunities outside of school, but I guess I expected too much with the amount of tuition I paid. They will give you little to no feedback, and tell you things that could have been found out from a basic web search (research, internships, continuing education). You're basically on your own once you graduate, so make sure you have your healthcare/research experience taken care of before applying to med school or etc. The faculty members are helpful and friendly for the most part, but it really is up to you if you want to seek out research opportunities in their department. If you stay self-motivated, you will be fine.
Starting Job: Grad Student; Preparedness: F Reputation: D+
Okay this is basically a rant because imNursing
Okay this is basically a rant because im sick of this school. I went to take a shower this morning and surprise no hot water, im not talking like cold water that ti can quickly take a shower in im talking about ice cold freeeeeezing water. This is the fifth time this has happend to me at this school and i constatnly get e mails about water and heat shut down in other halls. I dont understand if i am paying so much money to go here how hard it can be to fix a heater. They shut down both hot water and heat all spring break to "fix" this problem and not even a full week later its broken again. This is ridiculous. I am in the process of transferring and it has been the best decision i have made in my entire life. if you are thinking of going here and want to spend four years taking cold showers freezing you ass off at night because your heat doesn't work, or eating disgusting food good luck.
I stumbled across this website and I justBright
I stumbled across this website and I just wanted to give my opinion as an alumni about life after AU. Finding a job upon graduation is extremely difficult. Career Services doesn't have job placement, they just give career advice. As a result, it's 100% up to you to find a job. Most of the people that I graduated with AU from wish that they had gone somewhere else because of this. I finished in 2008 and myself and many others from my year are still looking for work. Unless you have great employment connections, you might want to consider a school that gives its students better job opportunities and recruiting.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F