StudentsReview :: Adelphi University - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Adelphi University

Jan 19 2013Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
If you want to major in Biology, Adelphi is not a good choice. The labs are dated and they need new equipment. Campus is empty because its a commuter school. If I got into CW Post I wanted to attend there.
Jan 13 2013Nursing
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I live in Long Island and am currently a freshman at Adelphi, I dorm and have found my experience at Adelphi to be very disappointing. Coming into college i didn't expect it to be too crazy but i also didn't expect it to be so dull. Living at Adelphi is very challenging, the school clears out by five on fridays and feels like a ghost town, the food is also not that great. I am currently thinking of transferring to another University next year and wish I had thought more about my decision before i decided to go there. I tried to join clubs and do rec sports but found it very hard to make friends. When most people commute and not everyone is on campus it can be very hard to find people to hang out with. The school also does not do a good job at giving students the opportunity to get together with things such as sporting events. I have attended several games this semester and have found that not many students are there and that most of them dont even know when games are. College is primarily about getting a good education but if the school doesn't have a good social life it can get very depressing. In most of my classes there have been many students that have chosen to transfer to different schools and knowing that I have another semester at Adelphi I wish i had made the decision to transfer sooner.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: F
Dec 06 2012Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Let me be the first to say that Adelphi was not my first choice school, but I chose to attend here over NYU, Northeastern and Fordham.

I'm a double major in journalism and sports management as well as a member of the Honors College. I can say that in my experience, as with any college, Adelphi is what you make of it. I can say that through three semesters so far, I've loved my experiences here. Our sports management department is one of the top in the country, and the department has connections to the Knicks, Nets and Rangers organizations as well as opportunities abroad as far away as Australia. I have similar praise for the communications department - extremely helpful faculty for the most part and everyone in the department knows each other.My advice for students is to GET INVOLVED. Even if you commute, join some clubs. Stay on campus during the day, get an on campus job if you can. Some of my closest friends are my coworkers.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015