StudentsReview ™ :: Adelphi University - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Adelphi University

Adelphi is what you make it

Sep 23 2011Nursing
Adelphi is what you make it. If you have a positive attitude you will be fine here. For commuters parking really isn't as bad as everyone makes it sound. You WILL find a spot on campus. There are also many on campus job opportunities, you just need to know where to look and not be lazy. The professors actually make an attempt to get to know you and the campus is beautiful. Some of my friends who are residents though have mentioned that nothing really goes on at night, especially during the weekends.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Scholastic Success: C-
Aug 18 2011History/Histories (art history/etc.)

I wish I could transfer :(

4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Social Life: D+

I had a terrible experience here, the financial

Jan 26 2011Nursing
I had a terrible experience here, the financial aid that they promised me fell through and i was fed incorrect information during my entire experience. Watch out for the financial aid office because they will give you a different number every time you come in and they are also incredibly rude and condescending. Professors are generally pretty nice though not all of them know the material so well. The campus is beautiful but that's really the only positive thing about this place - I always feel like they're trying to scam me and take my money. I have serious doubts that this is a legitimate institution and the one nursing students meeting I attended consisted of the Nursing dean spending 35 minutes to convince us that their accreditation had not been lost despite rumors. Please save your time, money and dignity and do not come here.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014