StudentsReview :: Adelphi University - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Adelphi University

adelphi's social work masters program is as average

Feb 29 2008Social Work
adelphi's social work masters program is as average as any other social work program. Nothing moore and nothing less. I give it a b-. There is no support for students in the doctoral program. The professors are very busy writing journal articles. You can't choose your professors, you are stuck with the one professor that the department chooses to teach your class. The comp exam is subjective and not really anonymous as promoted. You have to spend money from outside sources to help you complete your dissertation.
Starting Job: MANAGER Preparedness: B+ Reputation: F

Awful. I received misinformation from beginning to end

Oct 28 2010Architecture & Urban Planning Department
Awful. I received misinformation from beginning to end. They lied about class availability, activities, groups, social life, commuter vs residential life. There is NO-ONE there at weekends. It's abandoned. Everyone is from LI, and even the residents go home at weekends. It's abysmal. Classes are sooooooo easy, there's no challenge. Financial aid office staff are sooooooo rude and disgusting to people. They treat you like you're completely stupid, it's really embarrassing. I hated my time here. Glad I transferred out. I'm SO SO SO SO much happier where I am now...in every way.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: B+, Education Quality: F

The school is in need of improvement, (New

Mar 19 2012Social Work
The school is in need of improvement, (New library, computers, and overall maintenance). The modules are to be completed using the instructions that are offered in the packets, but they are outdated and confusing. I do not believe that the modules are helpful and should discontinue using them. Some facilitators expect the students to think as they do and the majority have PhD. They do not understand that we ARE students and still in the process of learning.I was told that it would take 3 years to earn my bachelors but it has taken 4. I was told that I was required to earn 128 credits to graduate,now I'm told it's 132. I have keep my GPA over 3.4 and never failed a course so I don't understand why I must continue to take more classes. They employ some great teachers that do offer one on one assistance and most of the staff is friendly and helpful, but unfortunately it's not enough. If I knew then, what I know now, I would not have enrolled into this college. Overall, I was very disappointed.
4th Year Female -- Class 2012