StudentsReview :: Adelphi University - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Adelphi University

I am a student here at Adelphi for

Oct 08 2014Business - Management and Administration
I am a student here at Adelphi for so long. I switched my majors a couple times but now that I have finally found one fitting for me I am still so disappointed with Adelphi. No one that works as advisors or faculty is on the same page. Everyone gives their own opinions. I have been misinformed for the past 3 semesters as to which classes I have yet to take to finally get out of here. Majority of the professors can not teach. Many of them are rude. Most of them do not care about the student, so much for smaller classes and more attention. I have made about 3 close friends in my 6 years of being in this dump. I literally am a percentage in the student body, not a person. The school scams you for money. There is ALWAYS an issue with financial aid. I HATE THIS PLACE. I wish I had made a transfer ages ago.
5th Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

Worst decision ever

Oct 06 2014Art & Design Department
Worst decision ever. Claim to be very personal, you really are just one of a number. Like the numbers on the checks you pay to go here.
4th Year Male -- Class 2004
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F

I am 100% just a number at this

Oct 06 2014Nursing
I am 100% just a number at this school within the nursing program. I am an older student so feel as though I have a different perspective then some students who attend Adelphi. The school DOES NOT at all support students or back them up. In clinical rotations it is every man for them self. It is very commonplace to have an instructor in clinical who has never taught before or is new to Adelphi in general. This truly impedes learning, especially when it means the most in rotations. There are a ton of rules on what we can and cannot do. We are not even allowed to give finger-sticks for blood sugar in clinical. I am now a senior and am still (although very important to pt care) giving vitals and doing bed baths. They do not care about your experiences there as a student and only care about getting you out of the school and graduated. I am not speaking about the school negatively to gain anything I really just want future students to know what they are getting themselves into when attending this school. There are also lots of hidden fees and additional costs, about $2000.00 worth to be approximate. The tuition is also very expensive, even with a scholarship and assistance.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014