StudentsReview :: Berkeley College Westchester Campus - Comments and Student Experiences

ITT Technical Institute (San Diego) -- San Diego, CA
Cornell College -- Mount Vernon, IA
Princeton Theological Seminary -- Princeton, NJ

Berkeley College Westchester Campus

Berkeley seemed like a great business school toQuite BrightOther
Berkeley seemed like a great business school to go to when I was looking at schools in NY. Although it is pricey, it allowed you to get your degree in less time than the average university, due to its quarter system.

I was planning on dorming, and that's when the problem began. Not until everything was processed and I was ready to go visit did they tell me that they did not have dorms in the city (NYC) I was told that the residential campus was located in White Plains, Westchester County, about 45 minutes from the city. That was a hugh disappointment but they made White Plains seem like such an amazing place. I went to visit the school in WP and the staff was so friendly and convincing in many ways.

I decided that I would attend the WP campus since it seemed to be alright.
Boy do I regret that.
The staff at the Westchester campus are truly nice people, but what good is that if the students are no good!

The students are so stuck up and have many little groups, just like in high school. There is nothing fun to do around here. If you live on campus you will probably be stuck in your room dying of boredom, unless you're lucky enough to have a job.

I decided to brush that off and start focusing on other things that Berkeley has to offer, like clubs. Well that was another let-down. I joined a few clubs at the beginning of the quarter and within 2 weeks no one was attending them anymore! I later found out that nothing is taken seriously at Berkeley and the student body never follows through with any planned activities. Yet another disappointment.

Now with the academics, if you don't get a 4.0 you're just lazy. There is absolutely nothing challenging about the courses at this school! I don't even feel like I am in college. My high school classes were more informative and challenging than this! What is the point of paying so much for a college education if I'm going to leave knowing nothing!

OH and I can't forget to mention that they purposefully don't offer the courses students need in order to keep them here longer than they need to be. They will offer many electives with probably one core class for your major per quarter. Many students tell me they have to stay an extra term because Berkeley did not offer the class they needed to graduate on time.

I feel like this school is a scam and all they care about is your money. They definitely hired the right people to convince you that this is the best school ever, because like I said the staff is incredibly nice. I think that's the only good thing I can say, is that they're nice, not helpful but just nice. They're pleasant and we all like pleasant people.

I will never forget my first week of school here, everyone complained about how much this school sucked! Im a very optimistic person so I didn't let those comments affect me but now I understand why everyone feels that way.

I would definitely NOT recommend this school for anyone who is looking for a good education with a good college experience. You will honestly be disappointed if you attend this school.

I personally am going to be transferring to another university next term because I just can't take being here anymore. I truly hope this review was helpful and informative, I tried to cover the basics. Good luck in your college career and don't go to Berkeley! :)

1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Friendliness: A, Campus Aesthetics: F
The main benefit you achieve from this schoolBrightAccounting
The main benefit you achieve from this school is that you the opporunity to graduate early (A Bachelors in three years as oppossed to four).Most of the teachers are horrorible, and this school really dumbs down the course work. For example, the math classes are comparable to what you learn in highschool. The English department does not stress competent reseach papers or essays.The administration appears more focused on recruiting then the general welfare of the current student body.Accounting majors will take the majority of their classes in the city. They don't tell you this in the admission office. I feel I did not learn enough from my finance classes. I am a trasfer student, and basically all my knowledge comes from my old school. The students who go here are miserable from their experiences at Berkeley College.
4th Year Male -- Class 2008
Friendliness: A+, Individual Value: F
The college has badNot so brightBusiness - Management and Administration
The college has bad parking and class times are not good for commuters. Its better to live there but its 2,200 a semester (3months) and you dont even get food.
1st Year Female -- Class 2008
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→