StudentsReview :: Berkeley College Westchester Campus - Comments and Student Experiences

ITT Technical Institute (San Diego) -- San Diego, CA
Cornell College -- Mount Vernon, IA
Princeton Theological Seminary -- Princeton, NJ

Berkeley College Westchester Campus

Aug 07 2008Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Berkeley seemed like a great business school to go to when I was looking at schools in NY. Although it is pricey, it allowed you to get your degree in less time than the average university, due to its quarter system.

I was planning on dorming, and that's when the problem began. Not until everything was processed and I was ready to go visit did they tell me that they did not have dorms in the city (NYC) I was told that the residential campus was located in White Plains, Westchester County, about 45 minutes from the city. That was a hugh disappointment but they made White Plains seem like such an amazing place. I went to visit the school in WP and the staff was so friendly and convincing in many ways.

I decided that I would attend the WP campus since it seemed to be alright.
Boy do I regret that.
The staff at the Westchester campus are truly nice people, but what good is that if the students are no good!

The students are so stuck up and have many little groups, just like in high school. There is nothing fun to do around here. If you live on campus you will probably be stuck in your room dying of boredom, unless you're lucky enough to have a job.

I decided to brush that off and start focusing on other things that Berkeley has to offer, like clubs. Well that was another let-down. I joined a few clubs at the beginning of the quarter and within 2 weeks no one was attending them anymore! I later found out that nothing is taken seriously at Berkeley and the student body never follows through with any planned activities. Yet another disappointment.

Now with the academics, if you don't get a 4.0 you're just lazy. There is absolutely nothing challenging about the courses at this school! I don't even feel like I am in college. My high school classes were more informative and challenging than this! What is the point of paying so much for a college education if I'm going to leave knowing nothing!

OH and I can't forget to mention that they purposefully don't offer the courses students need in order to keep them here longer than they need to be. They will offer many electives with probably one core class for your major per quarter. Many students tell me they have to stay an extra term because Berkeley did not offer the class they needed to graduate on time.

I feel like this school is a scam and all they care about is your money. They definitely hired the right people to convince you that this is the best school ever, because like I said the staff is incredibly nice. I think that's the only good thing I can say, is that they're nice, not helpful but just nice. They're pleasant and we all like pleasant people.

I will never forget my first week of school here, everyone complained about how much this school sucked! Im a very optimistic person so I didn't let those comments affect me but now I understand why everyone feels that way.

I would definitely NOT recommend this school for anyone who is looking for a good education with a good college experience. You will honestly be disappointed if you attend this school.

I personally am going to be transferring to another university next term because I just can't take being here anymore. I truly hope this review was helpful and informative, I tried to cover the basics. Good luck in your college career and don't go to Berkeley! :)

1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Friendliness: A, Campus Aesthetics: F
Jun 24 2010Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
So far I have had a positive experience at Berkeley College in Westchester. I am surprised by many of the negative comments on here about our school.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2012
Surrounding City: A-, Faculty Accessibility: B-
Mar 12 2009Finance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Worst school ever. *You need to pay money to get your transcript *A professor named Professor Shook gave me a B+ in her class b/c I laughed in her class, I complained to the head of department and nothing ever happened *The school has terrible communication. After I was accepted into the school, I kept getting calls from the school asking if I would like to attend Berkeley College *There isn't a cafeteria on campus and White Plains is very expensive *Maintenance is slow at response. My friends room had a broken toilet all weekend and no one did anything. *The Career Services cannot find an actual good job for anyone, unless you would like to be a secretary or an ordinary job in the mall. (expect nothing special) *It may look nice on the outside, but the worst school ever *I wasted a lot of money, learning absolutely nothing *Graduates cannot find jobs with their degree *Business near the school does not even know where the school is located at *None of the classes are challenging
1st Year Male -- Class 2011