StudentsReview ™ :: Clarkson University - Comments and Student Experiences

Syracuse University -- Syracuse, NY

Clarkson University

I've always been someone who gives things a

Mar 24 2014PreVet and Veterinary
I've always been someone who gives things a chance and tries to make the best of any situation, but this school makes me want to claw my eyes out with burning hot knives. On paper, everything seems so great. The school send you a folder that when you open it, the jazz band plays and it makes you feel happy and excited...but PLEASE take it from me, this school is not all its cracked up to be. Clarkson is just not a good place.

When I was accepted, Clarkson gave me a pretty good financial aid package...it was very generous. I was so excited because finally I got enough money to go to what I thought was going to be a great school. Well, first semester went rough, although somehow I managed to pull a 3.5 GPA out of the sky. I felt so discouraged because in highschool I worked hard just like how I worked here, and I graduated 10th in my class and with a GPA of a 4.0...

The work load here is absolutely RIDICULOUS. If you come here, freshman year first semester you can 100% guarantee that you will be put in some sort of English class (lets hope to god its not Professor Ettinger) and every english class has to write at least two 4-page essays a month and thats not even counting the hundreds of pages in books that youre going to have to read and then get tested on all of it.

Just to sum everything up: DO NOT COME TO THIS COLLEGE. Please listen to me.. I WOULD KNOW.

Useful Schoolwork: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

Clarkson University cannot always

Mar 08 2014Chemical Engineering
Clarkson University cannot always use "small size" as the primary reason to explain its low ranking. Actually, both CalTech and Rice are even smaller than Clarkson, but they are top universities in the world. Clarkson is a weak university, however, its tuition rate is not weak at all.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: D-, Education Quality: D-

Academicly, Clarkson's a pretty great school

Feb 25 2014Unknown
Academicly, Clarkson's a pretty great school. Professors are helpful, classes are, for the most part, interesting and decently challenging, and it does seem to prepare students for work.

Social life success varies from person to person. It helps to be a kind of "nerdy" person, willing to play video games or Dungeons and Dragons or card games. It's pretty fun and a good way to make friends. There's also a decent party scene on weekends. There are a HUGE variety of clubs as well.

There isn't much diversity on campus, but the Res-Life is working to try to change that, working on Gender-Inclusive housing, among other things.

Speaking of housing, it's not great, but not horrid either. The rooms are small, but workable, and the bathrooms for Freshman housing are hallway ones, and they have all the pros (cleaning staff) and cons (they're kinda gross sometimes) that come with them. The food service is awful. That's really all there is to say about it. The food is greasy and unhealthy, and often downright sickening. And if you try to go away from meals and opt for more Declining Balance money instead, the other options for food are overpriced. There really is no winning with the meal plan.

Faculty Accessibility: A, Campus Aesthetics: F