StudentsReview :: Clarkson University - Comments and Student Experiences

Syracuse University -- Syracuse, NY

Clarkson University

This school in my opinion, I would not

May 24 2014Undecided
This school in my opinion, I would not even consider.
There is even an article that have them listed in 25 colleges with the worst professors.
This place could be so harming towards your future. If you graduated from high school with great grades, please do not be fooled by this quaint school in a quaint area, this could be a really terrible mistake, and very costly, it doesn't seem like they are for the students. Turn back if you can, if you think it won't happen to you, think again. I have heard many students thought that this would not happen to them. It seems common that students need to change their major several times to avoid separation, and loss of financial aide. Please do research into graduation rates, and length of time students stay here to get their degree. Also, students feel trapped because their GPA gets so low, that they can not transfer. It also seems to be that grades are very creative at the end of the semester, it almost seems like it is whether they like you or not. Look at their graduating class each year, look at the number of freshman that stay or get separated from this college, per semester. Just LOOK, LOOK, LOOK, before you leap, you may ruin yourself in a short 3 months, of all your hard work you did in grades 1 through 12.It seems the faculty here has run a muck.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: C+, Education Quality: F

Clarkson University cannot always

Mar 08 2014Chemical Engineering
Clarkson University cannot always use "small size" as the primary reason to explain its low ranking. Actually, both CalTech and Rice are even smaller than Clarkson, but they are top universities in the world. Clarkson is a weak university, however, its tuition rate is not weak at all.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: D-, Education Quality: D-

I've always been someone who gives things a

Mar 24 2014PreVet and Veterinary
I've always been someone who gives things a chance and tries to make the best of any situation, but this school makes me want to claw my eyes out with burning hot knives. On paper, everything seems so great. The school send you a folder that when you open it, the jazz band plays and it makes you feel happy and excited...but PLEASE take it from me, this school is not all its cracked up to be. Clarkson is just not a good place.

When I was accepted, Clarkson gave me a pretty good financial aid package...it was very generous. I was so excited because finally I got enough money to go to what I thought was going to be a great school. Well, first semester went rough, although somehow I managed to pull a 3.5 GPA out of the sky. I felt so discouraged because in highschool I worked hard just like how I worked here, and I graduated 10th in my class and with a GPA of a 4.0...

The work load here is absolutely RIDICULOUS. If you come here, freshman year first semester you can 100% guarantee that you will be put in some sort of English class (lets hope to god its not Professor Ettinger) and every english class has to write at least two 4-page essays a month and thats not even counting the hundreds of pages in books that youre going to have to read and then get tested on all of it.

Just to sum everything up: DO NOT COME TO THIS COLLEGE. Please listen to me.. I WOULD KNOW.

Useful Schoolwork: B, Faculty Accessibility: F