StudentsReview :: Cornell University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Cornell University

I remember reading the comments about Cornell someQuite BrightMechanical Engineering
I remember reading the comments about Cornell some time ago, after I got accepted. I remember reading a lot of negative, cut-throat comments. NOT TRUE! All I can say is that Cornell is the best thing that happened to me in a while... I would never change it to Harvard or any other you-name-it-school.

If you ask me, the party scene is big. Maybe it is just me and the people I have met? I don't know. However, I consider myself a social person, I drink, have fun, enjoy opposite sex' company. I never thought it would be that good... Things just WORK thats all I can say.

The campus is gorgeous. I've drove through the whole US, traveled to 15 countries in Europe (in fact I was raised in Europe), and without hesitation I can say this is a beautiful place to live! Every time I walk through campus I'm amazed I'm here...

Studying engineering... Academics are amazing, professors very approachable. Yes, you will have to pull a significant amount of all nighters but its really all up to you! I really cant help myself and not go out on weekends and I'm still able to pull ~3.4.If you're hesitating... don't! Visit the campus now and say yes! Peace out...

2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Individual Value: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B
The best!!!BrightComputer Science
The best!!!Starting my second year. Cornell is the perfect University in terms of academics, friends, campus, professors, social scene, etc. Came here over Columbia and Dartmouth (and UVA, I'm from Virginia) and it was definitely the right decision. A lot of work, but it is manageable. Beautiful dorms. Great food. Amazing job opportunities. I am already being contacted about very well paid summer internships.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018
Friendliness: A+, Surrounding City: A-
Cornell will definitely push you harder than youBrightMechanical Engineering
Cornell will definitely push you harder than you ever have been, but that's what you come to college for. Your experience here depends on how you take the challenges you are faced with. You can either sit down and whine about it (like it seems like quite a few people on here have done) or take some initiative and push through it. Hardest part for me was the multitude of distractions that would be much more fun to do than sitting down and studying (which isn't necessarily bad, would rather have options than nothing else to do). My advice: find a solid group of friends you can study with (very hard to do well without some help, so find that help. It's not as hard to come by as other people make it out to be. Also friends can really come in handy when you need the answers to the practice test that the teacher never released but your friend somehow got a hold of it), do your work (don't skip an assignment because the homework is only worth 5% of your overall grade, doing the homework directly correlates to doing better on the test, you can't argue with that), and just try things (you're not going to be the best, but not to be too cliched you can't succeed if you don't try. Also you'll be 10x happier doing things besides just schoolwork). Most importantly, don't freak out, you'll do fine. It's just a school not the dungeon of torture some people make it out to be. In my opinion Cornell was probably the best thing for me in my entire life. Not only has it been a blast, but it shows you what the real world will be like. I can tell once I graduate life will be much easier because I'll be ready.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017