StudentsReview ™ :: The City University of New York John Jay College of Criminal Justice - Comments and Student Experiences

The City University of New York John Jay College of Criminal Justice

Honestly fuck John Jay

Nov 07 2013Psychology
Honestly fuck John Jay. Not only do they bombard you with homework, there's not even a social life to get away from it all. You go out of your way to become acquaintances with people. Also the professors don't teach you, they just spit information at you and expect you to learn it yourself. Not only do you have to teach yourself the information, they bombard you with work and most of the time it's busy work, you don'y learn anything from it. I hate John Jay, it's a terrible college.
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Education Quality: F

I reported a teacher who kidnapped a student

Sep 25 2013Psychology
I reported a teacher who kidnapped a student and spent three years in prison who was still allowed on campus amongst other jihadis and neo- nazis....only to be told that I, a young white girl, was the threat and was not allowed on campus.If you're an A student as I am, I suggest you pick a different CUNY school. This school is for the mediocre and below average. They're not looking for the high IQ population.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013

Just transferrd from West Virginia University

Aug 22 2013Unknown
Just transferrd from West Virginia University. Obviously the campus life is going to be a huge change but the difference in quality and competency of the office workers and system is even bigger. I have never in my life dealt with more lazy, rude, and incompetent workers in my life. I have also served 5 years in the military and have high work standards. When in this transition process and have to call wvu it is no problem, easy, friendly and can count on them to be there every time. Reaching anyone at John Jay is like winning the lottery. I have even recently wrote to the Deans office over this. I have called certain main offices like, admissions, reistrar and so on literally hundreds of times all times of the day, different days of the week during their set work hours, and NO ONE EVER picks up. They did not even return my messages and emails until I contacted the Deans Office. Then when they do, a rude ghetto sounding bitch delights you and your questions as if you are inconveiniencing her. I have been trying to get my self straight with John Jay for months on things which other institutions would have done in days. Though in their defense I hear all CUNY schools are almost as bad. If it was not so late after waiting on all the hold ups and lost papers I would like nothing more then to go to another school. I immediately plan on applying for transfer when I start at John Jay. If you want a ghetto school in the city who's standard of excellence is not that of real universities, this is a great place to be.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016