StudentsReview :: Elmira College - Comments and Student Experiences

Ithaca College -- Ithaca, NY

Elmira College

Oct 27 2014Political Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Elmira College provides a high quality education. It has many opportunities and it is in the hands of the students to either take them or not. I love the small classroom setting and getting to know my classmates and more importantly my professors personally.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Scholastic Success: F
Oct 01 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Looking back, this school was a complete waste of time and money, academically speaking. The professors are intelligent beyond belief, the courses were a joke...just plainly out of time and out of touch with reality of what people want. If you are science or math or what have you, go to a bigger school with stronger course.
Starting Job: Prostitute Preparedness: D Reputation: F
Aug 11 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I think it is sad that to graduate with my intended major, I NEED 170 credits. First of all, if you are affiliated with a clinical site, you do what the clinical site tells you in order to keep your affiliation. Being more than three years into the program and making a student unaware that the affiliation was jeopardized because of admin laziness is beyond terrible. It is wrong. Looking at all the science classes I've taken 6 of them are literally useless for what I want to do. 6*4 = 24 credits...for a fluff major that is a whole year's worth of credits. BUT you had to take them to graduate from the purple cult that this place is. That is total insanity let alone money. Don't forget a typical piece of paper from this place is about 100k (it is always more). Also your piece of paper does't even say your major on it...for six figs it can at least say that! Looking at the prestige of graduating, I still say it is overrated. Just do your job, get your piece of paper and mortgage payment and move on. I mean I could just have been a crim justice major and took gym classes and floated on by like nothing ever happened. AND I could have had a hot body because I had nothing better to do than work on myself. Opps. Stay clear of the bio, chem, and math department as they overwork you for nothing and then wonder why their students are insane and unhappy. Nice professors though, just slave drivers. Here is the kicker, I some how still got my internship I wanted. In the end and I am grateful for the opportunity...BUT I still have to take another science class to fulfill some class...thankfully it is a decent class...BUT that just adds to the money out the door...All in all, I do not and will not EVER recommend this educational institution. I hope for the new students incoming their experience is 10000000000000% different from mine.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018