StudentsReview ™ :: Fordham University - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University

I did not enjoy attending Fordham so I

Mar 24 2014Psychology
I did not enjoy attending Fordham so I made sure I finished on time or early. Many of my peers or those in higher classes took an extra semester, or even a year more to graduate.

Fordham has a good name, which is why I went there. People expect more of me than I am able to perform because I simply never learned certain skills at all or in-depth enough to use. I have a diploma in the end, but if I were to go back and choose a different university, I would not have chosen Fordham. Do something to benefit yourself: don't come to Fordham. it is an unfortunate waste of $60,000 per year.

Preparedness: D+ Reputation: C-

Fordham is an amazing school

Feb 13 2014Biology
Fordham is an amazing school. They pffer so much to their students. The opportunities and facilities you have your disposal just by being a student here is amazing. You will be drowning in loans by graduation, but going here will ensure a job that can pay them off. The professors here are super friendly and helpful. The students are ALL extremely helpful, even the snobby ones. It is super easy making friends.

Make sure you are ready to work for your grades. There are no easy, fly-by, courses here. They will challenge you to do and be your best, and push you to find things out about yourself you didn't yet know.

It has been a really great experience studying at Fordham University. The commute is very rough for me, and housing is too expensive, so I deal with 4 hours of my day being my commute to and from school everyday. The commuter environment is very awesome. It's hard to make commuter friends at first, but once you know one, you know them all. However, the majority of students here need a wide awakening of the real world. Our campus is diverse, but not diverse enough. I am half Latino and half White, and the entire first semester so many student just concluded that I was black because I wasn't completely white. The amount of white students on campus doesn't help with this whole idea. Many are stuck up and see minorities as lower than them, or automatically believe we are all commuters who can't afford to live on campus, and work two jobs to stay afloat. Not all are like this, but you do get that feel. It's always fun proving them wrong or getting better grades than them lol

Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: B+

Fordham is a fairly good school

May 14 2012Communications
Fordham is a fairly good school. It is much too expensive for what you get, but it is still superior to most public colleges. Prospective students should be aware that Fordham's two main campuses, Lincoln Center and Rose Hill, differ substantially. They should be fully aware of which school they plan to attend BEFORE applying, as they will need to indicate which campus on the commonapp.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015