StudentsReview :: Hartwick College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint John Vianney College Seminary -- Miami, FL
Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology -- Alfred, NY
University of New Hampshire -- Durham, NH

Hartwick College

This is the second review I'm submitting

Mar 11 2014Psychology
This is the second review I'm submitting. The first one wasn't posted for some reason. Whatever. I didn't have a good experience here. Admissions basically lied to me and when I got here the place wasn't worth the price. Call around to other offices on campus if you're coming. Don't trust admissions. If you get a good financial package it will probably be worth it but make sure you ask alot of questions.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: C, Useful Schoolwork: F

Education not a major

Mar 21 2014Education
Education not a major. No one told me it wasn't and it not clear on the web or in handouts at events. I agree with the other posters about calling around and asking questions. My financial aid package is really good but I want an education major so Im going somewhere else in the fall. The faculty are very nice, they were upfront and apologized for the misunderstanding and the people in the registrar and financial aid were helpful in understanding my options. I really appreciated the help I got from Professor Davies and Darlene in financial aid. Leah in the registrar was also very kind. I wouldn't go again if I had the choice because of education.

I never thought Id be upset enough to

Mar 06 2014Unknown
I never thought Id be upset enough to post on a site like this but I've had it. All I can say is there are better schools. Even if you get a good financial aid package, call around to other offices on campus to ask questions before you come. I was told by admissions I could major in premed and, guess what? That isn't a major. Neither is education. I made the best of it and picked up biology and psych but after sitting through the intro courses in psych that were 100 plus students (not 20 or less like I was also told) I dropped it, stuck with biology and took a bunch of general ed courses I could transfer. The campus has some real leaky roof problems in the older buildings and just isn't maintained well overall. Even the new areas are stained and worn out. We had a snow storm a few weeks ago and the sidewalks didn't get shoveled until after noon. When my friends and i walked to the commons one of them fell on the ice and had to go back and ice her ankle. If I wanted to hear lies all the time, live in a worn down building and slip on snow every day I would have gone to an online school and lived with my cousin Trisha. I liked most of my professors and yes the people working around campus are nice and seemed genuinely concerned but I don't think its worth it. I'm sorry but I don't. I really tried to like it but the vibe isn't good. It could be for you but call around to get the real answers from people. Talk to people before you go. Visit campus. Don't just make the decision because your aid is good or the admissions office said it was good.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016