StudentsReview :: Hartwick College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint John Vianney College Seminary -- Miami, FL
Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology -- Alfred, NY
University of New Hampshire -- Durham, NH

Hartwick College

The academics are great, professors are talented andAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
The academics are great, professors are talented and highly intellectual. The people are all very nice!

However, the president is payed WAY more than other liberal arts school presidents around the country, yet campus maintenance is a wreck! I live in Oyaron, which is really far away from the normal campus and because of our distance they neglect us a lot! Currently our safety card swapper does not work, and we are going on day 4 without ANY hot water (thats about 150 students going without showering for 4 days! EW!), when we talked to our building manager about us she just told us to go to the closest building (keep in mind the current weather is between 3-18 degrees) and shower (this means frozen hair!). They are terrible with shoveling our walk way! 2 people fell and went to the hospital last week, yet our walks leading from Oyaron to campus are still un-shoveled and covered in ice!Because the academia is so good I would love to tell everyone to go to Hartwick, but due to the fact that we are paying 52,000 a year and they can't do simple things like feed us well, fix our hot water, and shovel our side walks I can't in good conscious highly recommend this school to people. If you think you can handle crappy buildings to get the good academics it might be worth it for you to stick out the bad housing for a few years and either get a town house or live off campus, if you're just not willing to pay that much for such bad service, do not come here!

more→Mar 02 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Maintenance: F
Education not a major.Education
Education not a major. No one told me it wasn't and it not clear on the web or in handouts at events. I agree with the other posters about calling around and asking questions. My financial aid package is really good but I want an education major so Im going somewhere else in the fall. The faculty are very nice, they were upfront and apologized for the misunderstanding and the people in the registrar and financial aid were helpful in understanding my options. I really appreciated the help I got from Professor Davies and Darlene in financial aid. Leah in the registrar was also very kind. I wouldn't go again if I had the choice because of education.
more→Mar 21 2014
This is the second review I'm submitting.AveragePsychology
This is the second review I'm submitting. The first one wasn't posted for some reason. Whatever. I didn't have a good experience here. Admissions basically lied to me and when I got here the place wasn't worth the price. Call around to other offices on campus if you're coming. Don't trust admissions. If you get a good financial package it will probably be worth it but make sure you ask alot of questions.
more→Mar 11 2014