StudentsReview :: The Helene Fuld College of Nursing - Comments and Student Experiences

The Helene Fuld College of Nursing

This school is horribly administrated

May 13 2014Unknown
This school is horribly administrated. The faculty are unapproachable and condescending. If you ask a question in class they automatically think you are undermining their intelligence and become hostile or almost dismissive. They don't communicate anything to you and you have to basically figure out everything by word of mouth. You basically teach yourself everything. The teachers get their exams from random nursing review books and are usually not anything related to the material you are assigned to read in the text books. Most of the students cheat their way through the program, as the school is known to have leaking tests on the outskirts. The teachers are horrible with the exception of Prof Lavides-Lim and Dr Paul. I do not know how they still manage to stay there and represent such a disgraceful school. I would never recommend to anyone and regret going there myself to start with.

My experience at Helene was abominable

Jun 03 2014Nursing
My experience at Helene was abominable. I did not learn as well as I would have liked to. The staff is unapproachable and overall nasty. You are never oriented to what is going on in the class how to register for classes or never adequately prepared for exams even after reading material assigned and much less through the lectures. It is more of a time based program but education wise horrible. You are not prepared for the actual career practice and the teachers are intimidating and arrogant with the exception of Dr Paul, Ms. Lavides-Lim, and Professor George. The school is poorly administrated and the new president is beyond words distasteful. She has an air about her and is never directly in contact with her students, has not changed anything for the betterment or to improve the quality of the education nor does she ever survey students to see what changes they would like to see in the school probably for fear of retaliation. The school, during the time I was there had internal disputes, lawsuits etc. that were never really brought to light. The students are also competitive and just down right nasty, I would NEVER, I repeat NEVER recommend anyone to go there. Run while you can!!
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Frankly, I am surprised that the school keeps

Mar 26 2014Nursing
Frankly, I am surprised that the school keeps sending the students emails encouraging us to rate the school to encourage prospective students in applying. Just goes to show how out of touch administration is with what is going on in the school. Fortunately, I am doing my final subject and have not failed any of my tests, however that cannot be said for more than half the class. The nursing professors with the exception of Prof. Ende are really arrogant and discourage anything that oppose what they are teaching. Prof. Mangoloan that teaches 224 holds a grudge if you dare challenge her in any way. The professors are generally just rude & condescending. I think it's just the culture of the school, there is no recourse for the student, so the professors get away with what should be unacceptable. I have a friend that graduated, she told me she would not recommend this school to her greatest enemy. I went anyway knowing what I was getting into. If you intend on going, stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize. You will be miserable from beginning to end, they are disorganized, unhelpful and rude. Just remember, you don't have to live with them and misery loves company. Study so that you won't fail, you don't want to lengthen your stay. The program is intensive, you are doing a 2 yrs course in 1 yr and there is no help. Be realistic about doing the course and taking care of your external responsibilities. You can do it, others have done it. Nursing is challenging wherever you go, good luck!

Bradley University (IL) 1:advice