StudentsReview ™ :: The Helene Fuld College of Nursing - Comments and Student Experiences

The Helene Fuld College of Nursing

Frankly, I am surprised that the school keeps

Mar 26 2014Nursing
Frankly, I am surprised that the school keeps sending the students emails encouraging us to rate the school to encourage prospective students in applying. Just goes to show how out of touch administration is with what is going on in the school. Fortunately, I am doing my final subject and have not failed any of my tests, however that cannot be said for more than half the class. The nursing professors with the exception of Prof. Ende are really arrogant and discourage anything that oppose what they are teaching. Prof. Mangoloan that teaches 224 holds a grudge if you dare challenge her in any way. The professors are generally just rude & condescending. I think it's just the culture of the school, there is no recourse for the student, so the professors get away with what should be unacceptable. I have a friend that graduated, she told me she would not recommend this school to her greatest enemy. I went anyway knowing what I was getting into. If you intend on going, stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize. You will be miserable from beginning to end, they are disorganized, unhelpful and rude. Just remember, you don't have to live with them and misery loves company. Study so that you won't fail, you don't want to lengthen your stay. The program is intensive, you are doing a 2 yrs course in 1 yr and there is no help. Be realistic about doing the course and taking care of your external responsibilities. You can do it, others have done it. Nursing is challenging wherever you go, good luck!

this school gave me

Mar 20 2014Unknown
this school gave me a wonderful experience . The individuals that had a tough time in this program did not come prepared and thier grades reflected as such
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: F

I'm going to keep it short and simple

Mar 18 2014Nursing
I'm going to keep it short and simple. The administrative staff was my biggest problem. From the attitudes to the processing of paperwork. As for the academic staff, there are some extraordinary professors like Dr. Paul and Prof. Lavides-Lim. Then there are some professors that are just facilitators. Students do need to take into account that this is college, and you're not going to be babie'd all the time regarding material that will be on the test, or a professor not conducting a review. Ultimately, you have to do things yourself and not rely on professors to teach you.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014