StudentsReview :: Hobart William Smith Colleges - Comments and Student Experiences

Mount Holyoke College -- South Hadley, MA

Hobart William Smith Colleges

This a fantastic school

Aug 21 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
This a fantastic school where you can meet a wide range of people and really find the direction you want to go in. The small scale makes it easy to really get to know faculty and administration and the location is stunning. I have never regretted going here and have loved the experience.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
Aug 04 2010Other

Critical thinking, writing, argumentation, ability to become familiar with diverse new subjects/materials rapidly.

Starting Job: roadless area coordinator Preparedness: A+ Reputation: -

I graduated from William Smith in 1988

Sep 27 2011Sociology
I graduated from William Smith in 1988. In reading the reviews of more recent students, I am dismayed at how many found the school to have a rich kids atmosphere. Granted, it has a history of admitting wealthy students, as do the majority of liberal arts colleges in the Northeast, but in my mind the negative comments indicate more about the insecurity of the commenters than the school itself. HWS is a place hwere you can find your "people" no matter where you came from. The academics prepared me for the working world by teaching me to think critically and from multiple perspectives. I am an asset where I work because I can see problems from different angles and offer real solutions. I was so grateful for the education I received that I encouraged my daughter to check out William Smith. She did, and now she's a member of the class of 2015.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B