StudentsReview ™ :: Hobart William Smith Colleges - Comments and Student Experiences

Mount Holyoke College -- South Hadley, MA

Hobart William Smith Colleges

I graduated from William Smith in 1988

Sep 27 2011Sociology
I graduated from William Smith in 1988. In reading the reviews of more recent students, I am dismayed at how many found the school to have a rich kids atmosphere. Granted, it has a history of admitting wealthy students, as do the majority of liberal arts colleges in the Northeast, but in my mind the negative comments indicate more about the insecurity of the commenters than the school itself. HWS is a place hwere you can find your "people" no matter where you came from. The academics prepared me for the working world by teaching me to think critically and from multiple perspectives. I am an asset where I work because I can see problems from different angles and offer real solutions. I was so grateful for the education I received that I encouraged my daughter to check out William Smith. She did, and now she's a member of the class of 2015.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B
Aug 04 2010Other

Critical thinking, writing, argumentation, ability to become familiar with diverse new subjects/materials rapidly.

Starting Job: roadless area coordinator Preparedness: A+ Reputation: -

There is a strong

Jul 08 2010Psychology
There is a strong emphasis on having international experiences such as semesters abroad and internships. For a school in the "sticks" we have an ongoing selection of top speakers from politics, social activists, business leaders and entertainers.
4th Year Male -- Class 1985