StudentsReview :: Island Drafting and Technical Institute - Comments and Student Experiences

Island Drafting and Technical Institute

Attn all considering this school:BrightElectrical Engineering
Attn all considering this school:

Please do you research and consider going else where! the education maybe a 4.5/5 but the job placement SUCKS! They flaunt themselves in getting graduates into these huge "forever" companies but when the time comes for grads to be placed there is ZERO talk about these "forever" companies! You get the run around from the job coach as well! He thinks he is the top of the top and "great" at what he does but truth is if you don't stick YOUR neck out and stay on top of him you won't get anywhere!

THINK TWICE BEFORE INVESTING NEARLY 35K!!!
*Will update in greater detail later but don't get sucked into to their "sale pitch" about the school!

9/20/2016 update:

okay, nearly 10 months since I left Island Drafting and I am still jobless! Ralph Cerasco (Job Coach) has put in minimum effort to helping place me. I have gotten more interviews from applying on Indeed/Different job boards then through the CRAPPY job coach at this school. Ralph Cerasco calls me almost weekly to inform me he sent my resume out all these different companies that he has a 'long term reletionship" and they've done" business before". He proceeds to ask me if I've heard from any of them and NONE (3 or 4 since December). of these companies he send out my resume to call me. *At this point you maybe wondering why I am not receiving phone calls from these companies. Id love to know also.. It can't be my resume because I wrote it and the "All mighty" job coach editing it and revised it including a cover letter that he send out with my resume. * The last interview he sent me on was in Plainview, NY. I went into the interview dressed proper/proper manners/did everything right and the man who interviewed me who was the boss of the company kept telling me he couldn't do anything with someone with out experience and the interview lasted 10 minutes- meanwhile the "job coach" sent me there because the school has a standing relationship with this company.

Since December, Nearly 10 months later. I am still getting a run around from this "job coach" (keep in mind he is a former big wig from Grumman air and never spoke about having a degree in HR). With that being said why is he a job coach?

*Also keep in mind as stated above I carried a 4.0/GPA all the way through IDTI and graduated with honors due to my high grades.

So why the run around? Why is he is "sending out my resume" I hear from almost zero of these companies? Why did my peers who did the program and got "pushed through" school by the dean/teacher/staff to make the schools numbers get jobs/placed? Why does this school push people along who are failing then help them obtain jobs making $15+ an hour?Again don't invest your $35k + !!!! Look for a school that doesn't push people along to make their #'s/ flaunt their 95% job placement programs when they give minimum help to somebody who graduated with honors and a 4.0GPA!!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Scholastic Success: F
You need to figure out what you loveElectrical Engineering
You need to figure out what you love to do and learn as much as possible about that field. Don't give up because eventually it will pay off. Set your priorities and stick to them. Most important ask questions of colleagues if you don't understand something. I find those who don't ask questions fail most of the time. Try out a clss or 2 in the field you are considering and do and intership or volunteer for a short time in the field to see if you would like doing it. Don't take a job or career field just for the money, do it because you love doing it. Most of all keep learning and expanding your knowledge.
This college is one of the best or the best college experieQuite BrightArchitecture
This college is one of the best or the best college experience that i have had on Long Island. the teachers have been extremely helpful from the beginning all the way to the end and really try to help you on a personal level and make sure you succeed. any weaknesses that you start out with will improve and become a strength. the great thing about this course is that it will help with everything that you will need not just architecture , they help you understand how real jobs are like and how to handle yourself at a business interview , and how to keep a job. the faculty in this school was also extremely nice , The financial aid administrator was very organized and thoroughly explained how the school was going to handle my payments and walked me through my financial aid. The placement adviser is the most organized , well educated , very people friendly , and fast working person to help you find a job and will always look you for you as long as you are serious about working. the President and Vice President of the school are efficient at what they do , they have a passion for the students that they accept into the school and will advise you that if this is something you are not sure about doing , just think twice because this is a serious field and they teach you real life lessons going to I.D.T.I.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2011